Chapter Thirty Eight: ➰

THE EX FILES

*

Tia POV

I tapped my foot impatiently waiting for Hunter to finish attaching the wiring to the vest top I was wearing underneath my hoodie.

"Ok done." He breathed, he was crouched down so his head was directly in front of my chest area. I tapped his shoulder so he finally met my eyes.

"My face is up here you pervert." He only smirked at my comment.

"Now you understand why I had to be the one to wire you up!" Came his reply. As he stood back up I took the time to pull down my hoodie and make sure nothing was on show. This was all very dramatic.

"It's nearly time, you should go." I told him as I checked the time on my phone. Liam could arrive any second, Hunter couldn't be here, god knows what he had to tell me, I was intrigued though to say the least. Not sure he'd be so open around Hunter, they weren't exactly the greatest of friends.

The plan we'd been busy plotting, or should I say the boys were busy plotting was they'd all be over in their apartment, so would Lydia and James. I would try to pry as much as I could without him getting suspicious or getting mixed messages.

"I feel awful that you're doing my dirty work for me." He whispered gently. We'd been over this ten times already this morning.

I sighed. "Hunter, we've spoke about this, I don't mind. I said I wanted to help and if by me simply asking some questions helps you guys out then bonus. Plus regardless whether you're on the scene or not I'd still meet him cause it would bug the shit out of me if I didn't find out what he wanted to tell me." It was the truth, it would eat away at me.

He nodded as if to say fair point, but the scowl on his face soon returned. "Still I don't like the thought of you being alone with your ex boyfriend, hell I don't want you being alone with another guy period." He ranted. "Jarred's ok though."

I had to laugh at that, he was the cutest sometimes, and paranoid always paranoid. Of course I enjoy torturing him so that paved way for my reply. "Why scared I'll fuck him and fuck you off?" The tone of my voice laced with sarcasm.

"Well yeah exactly." He admitted bluntly, I was joking he wasn't.

"Hunter there is no chance I would ever get back with him, he was an absolute arse." I stated matter of factly. His face softened, he seemed to like my words. "And why would I go for chicken when I have steak at home?" I kissed his lips slowly, giving him all the confirmation he should need.

"I've been an arse at times though." He admitted quietly, he was acting so vulnerable. How could he think I'd possibly throw him away for the likes of Liam? There was no competition, it would always be Hunter.

"Yeah but your arse is fine so that works in your favour." I told him whilst leaning around him to check out his backside area. He grinned happily.

"I'll take that!" He fist pumped the air. Loser. He kissed my cheek, wished me luck and reminded me for the 70,0000 tone that he was just across the hall listening, and to whisper our code work into the hidden mic that was hiding underneath my clothes.

Codeword was Pedro.

Obviously my idea, Hunter hated reliving that awful moment when that became his name. Whilst I waited I made myself a strong cup of coffee and took a seat on the sofa as I waited for Liam's arrival. I was almost tempted to put in a dash of whiskey, but we all know what Tia's like when she starts drinking, she's a fucking liability.