Chapter Eleven ➰

FRENCH PEDRO

*

Tia's POV

"I'm so fucking sorry." Lydia was mouthing at me over and over, hiding behind my mother as she stood in front of me, one hand on her hip and the other pointing directly at me.

Lydia should be sorry, she'd just brought forward my funeral by like 70 years.

"Don't you hi me Tia Louise Harvey!"

I'm fucked.

You know she's super pissed when full name terms come out. I should do it back see how she likes it "Don't you shout at me lynnette Jane Harvey" Yeah she'd love that, my black eyes? Not so much, plus I wouldn't dare she scares me.

She just has this look, all mothers have it and you just know shits gonna hit the fan, got me here in my little hungover state thinking I didn't ask for this life, why me? Seriously why me?

"You got a tattoo!" She screeched, "why on earth would you do that to yourself, you stupid stupid girl." Well this was embarrassing, I'm 20 years old, pretty sure I'm an adult now. "You are stuck with that thing for life Tia, do you not realise that?"

You don't have to tell me that mother. "Mom calm down, its not like it's visible and people can see it."

"Yes but you've clearly got no issue with showing it to other people," she snapped pointing between me and Hunter, yeah it didn't look great, me leaning against the kitchen counter whilst Hunter stands behind me admiring his masterpiece, not the greatest position to be in. It wasn't like I could tell her the real story, that's a lecture for another day.

"Well Tia, care to explain why the word 'Hunter' is permanently stuck to your backside?" she said with a stern expression, steam flowing from her ears.

How the hell do I explain this one?

I couldn't tell her id gotten drunk on tequila and said boy who gave me the tequila dared me to do so. Not sure that would go down well, she wasn't an understanding mother and she hated alcohol. So I went with option number 2, the first thing that came into my mind, and trust it to be the most ridiculous thing ever.

"Mom,"I blew out a deep breath, "I've had an epiphany," I'm not even sure that's the right word for what I'm trying to say, but it sounded intellectual. Don't even know what the word means but I was just going to roll with it, plus I was already committed to the story there was no way back for me now, it's do or die.

"An epiphany?" See even she doesn't know what the word means.

"Yep," I said still rolling with it,  "I've had a total rethink of my life actually, and I've come to the conclusion that business is not the job for me, I've had something else in mind for a long time now." She urged me to continue, "What I want in life is to be a Hunter."

Jarred and Lydia were gob smacked and Hunter? Well Hunter wasn't doing anything he looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

"A hunter?" My mother asked completely outraged, "and this entails what exactly?"

"You know?" Nope she definitely didn't know, neither did I really, "like foxes and deers oh and birds" I beamed trying to sound convincing.