Chapter Sixty One: ➰

CALL THE MIDWIFE

*

Tia's POV

As the three of us got into Abi's car, Lydia couldn't help but voice her opinions about spending the evening at Jack and Candy's. "tell me again why we're babysitting a 30 year old pregnant woman?"

Abi sighed. "Have you met my cousin Jack? He's paranoid as hell. He's convinced she's gonna go into labour every time he leaves her side. Seriously he's taking 3 phones with him just in case."

Three phones was a little bit of an extreme, I'm sure his general personal mobile will do just fine. "Why three phones?" Lydia asked.

"He's paranoid that we won't be able to get in touch with him." Abi stated simply shrugging.

It only took ten minutes for us to reach their house, yet again another lovely home. This family were seriously living a dream. Still didn't come close to Shane's family manor though, it gives Buckingham palace a run for its money that one.

Jack was standing on the doorstep waiting for us with an impatient look on his face. As we approached the front door he spoke. "Do you have the numbers?"

"Fuck sake, yes Jack I have the numbers!" Abi rolled her eyes as she answered him. "I have the piece of paper right here in my pocket!"

"A slight little twinge and I want a phone call. Do you understand?" Jack pointed at all three of us.

"Do you want me to notify you every time she goes to the toilet as well? Calm down!" She barged round him and walked into the house. Lydia followed suit.

Jack stopped me before I could enter. "I'm glad you're here Tia. Hunter told me about your medical knowledge. I can leave her in your hands for the night?" I didn't have any medical knowledge.

"My medical knowledge?" I asked, slightly confused.

"Hunter said it was fine and you had plenty of experience with babies and births, what was it he said." He paused for a second rubbing his chin. "You see I refused to leave my wife until he told me about that time you were at college and a girl gave birth in the toilets, apparently you handled it pretty well." He grinned. I was horrified.

I was gonna kill Hunter when I get my hands on him.

I laughed nervously. "Oh yeah that!" I played along convincingly, and I had no idea why I did that. "She's in safe hands." The only thing I'd do if that baby made an entrance was ring 999 and get an ambulance.

"She shouldn't go into labour anyway. She still has a couple more weeks to go, but I don't like the idea of her being in the house on her own that heavily pregnant. Thanks Tia. I have to run you know how impatient my cousin is. I'll see you later. And remember call me for the slightest thing." He smiled.

I nodded slowly. I said goodbye and entered the house, closing the door behind me. I followed the sound of voices and found Lydia and Abi making themselves comfortable on the sofa, and a very pregnant Candy sprawled out on the other sofa.

"Hey." I greeted her. "How are you feeling?"

Candy smiled happily at me. "Tia!" She said. "Im fine. Feel a little crappy today because of this damn cold my bones are aching all over, really don't help that I'm carrying a 7 pound baby inside me, but other than that I'm great!"