Chapter Sixty Six: ➰

MATCHMAKER

*

Tia's POV

It felt like years since I'd last visited, when in fact it had only been months. The lake looked absolutely beautiful at night as it shone underneath the stars, almost peaceful in fact.

Almost made me forget the real purpose of us being here, this wasn't a holiday.

As I stepped out onto the balcony, staring at the familiar lake house just opposite to the one I was standing in, I remembered that night, the perfect night Liam had planned for us, candles, rose petals and picturesque scenery. It was supposed to be the night, a night we'd remember forever, it didn't go that way though and I guess you could say I was to blame for that.

That night was supposed to be our first time together, we were meant to take that last final step and make that connection. Only it didn't come, I chickened out right before, something in my gut told me it wasn't the right time, so yes I Tia Harvey, left Liam Jones full blown naked in a sulk whilst I went off to a separate bedroom. I guess that's where you could say things started to go downhill.

I wish I had the self control I had back then now with Hunter, but no matter what I couldn't. My body didn't want me to. My body wants him, every single inch of him. I'd don't think I'll ever be able to turn him down.

Its actually scary, the lack of control I actually have when it comes to mine and Hunter's turbulent relationship. But you know what I wouldn't change a damn thing about it.

Ok maybe his job, id probably change that.

I was bought back to reality, when another body made them self known as they stepped out onto the balcony. We stayed silent as we stood together overlooking the familiar lake house I'd earlier pointed out. We'd decided to travel through the evening, and rent an identical lake house just opposite of where we all suspected Abigail was being held. We'd gone to the extreme of hiring a vehicle, just so we could make sure they wouldn't recognise any of our vehicles. There were quite a few of us crammed into the lake house, though we were absent of a few members.

Jack had obviously stayed back at home, it wasn't fair to drag him away from his wife and newborn son, and Shane had also stayed back to handle the business side of things whilst the majority of us were away. Sam also hadn't made the trip, which raised many concerns, truth was none of us had actually seen him, since he stormed off during the confrontation with Molly anyway.

Our only guess was he was clearing his head, I sure hoped so and that he wasn't doing anything stupid. We were getting prepared to make our move tomorrow night, in hopes of an ambush that they wouldn't be expecting. We were unable to keep contact with Nathan, as Sam still had the phone but that was probably a good thing, least we could be sure they weren't tracking us.

"We used to date you know."

"Huh?" I asked completely dazed.

"Me and Abigail." He chuckled. "Back when we were kids, and obviously before Sam came on the scene." I was shocked by Kyle's little confession, I had no clue, and by the look on his face he was hiding some serious pain that Abigail was missing.

"Do you still? You know?"

"Have feelings for her?" He asked, to which I nodded. "No, she's a married woman now, things are completely different between us, we never ended on bad terms, we've remained friends since but I'm obviously good friends with her brother and her father and I also met her mother a few times so it's difficult seeing them all at a loss without her, she holds that family together, she's the glue Tia."