Chapter Seventy Three: ➰

SHE IS NOT OK

*

Tia's POV

I really shouldn't have slacked off from the club. Like seriously I can't feel my feet right now, but least I could sleep easy, knowing everything's as it should be and up to date, I've even injured myself in the process, I hope he appreciates the blood sweat and tears, well there was hardly any blood but there had been sweat and tears.

From the amount of deliveries that have been stacking up over the past few weeks I took it upon myself to unpack them all by myself. And damaged a muscle in my shoulder in the process.

I'd also cancelled any upcoming meetings and rearranged them for a later date, ensuring that Hunter isn't bombarded with business, so he can have his space and allow time for him to grieve.

I'd made sure to keep all function rooms within the club free, just incase Hunter wanted to have the wake here. I had no clue what was going on with the funeral arrangements, I didn't dare ask. I did send him a small text this morning, just wishing him good morning, and he knows where I am when he's ready to talk. I hadn't heard anything back as of yet, but I had hope. Hope for him, hope for us.

Jarred and Lydia had both text me today saying I should go over there later day to the boys apartment because they wanted to speak with me, I assumed Hunter had returned home and honestly I couldn't wait to see him.

Even though I'd had a long and tiring day, I decided I'd make a little effort with myself. So as soon as I finished I rushed back home to my own apartment, showered and changed into my favourite pair of jeans and a low cut cami top. I straightened my hair and applied makeup for the first time in weeks. I looked like a new woman.

I also decided I'd take a shot of tequila, you know Dutch courage and all that. Then another one, because let's be honest who on earth can only have one drink? I'm not an alcoholic I promise.

As I grabbed my phone and keys and opened the door, I bumped right into the body of someone else, who had his hand raised as if he was about to knock.

Sam.

What was he doing here at my apartment? Maybe Hunter wouldn't  let him in. "Shit, sorry!" I apologised. "Didn't see you there."

"Hi Tia." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "Can I come in for a sec?"

Confused as hell, I nodded and stepped back to allow him to walk past. He headed straight for the living room and sat down on the sofa, I sat on the opposite one. 

"What's going on?" I asked skeptically.

"I don't quite know how to say this." He started, now I was worried. "Hunter asked me to come over here."

"Ok." I nodded slowly, wishing he'd just hurry up and say it.

"He wants the keys back for the club." His face held a sympathetic smile.

"What?" I laughed, he looked down. Omg. "You're not joking are you?"

"I'm afraid not." He admitted. "Look I don't know what's going on in his head at the minute, none of us do. But he's made it clear he needs those keys."

"Has he lost his or something?" I asked. Completely mind boggled. If he hadn't lost them then that could only mean one thing he doesn't want me working there anymore, which would be strange he pushed this job on me, he praises me for it all of the time, and tells me how good I'm doing.

"All I know is come Monday morning Candice is back, he's asked her to take her position back." Oh. I didn't know what to say, what could I say? It was her job after all. But to send Sam to demand the keys from me? It sounds as if he doesn't want me anywhere near his business. What the hell have I done to piss him off so much?