Chapter Sixty Nine: ➰

SNAKES
*

Tia's POV

I am not a caged animal.

I hate being told what to do.

"Please Tia sit down and I'll explain everything that I know!" Lydia attempted to plead with me, I wouldn't hear it though. I wanted answers.

"She's right miss." Oh fuck off Mick, before I ram those set of keys down your neck, my nostrils flared, I'm not the brightest of people first thing in the morning as it is, but to wake up to find your best friend hanging over you and Mick attempting to lock us in the bedroom, that's just an absolute train wreck.

How did they expect me to react? Like ok guys no problem.

"I will not be locked away against my own will." I shouted. "Where's Hunter?" Ignoring Mick's protests for me to shout, I charged out of the bedroom and down the set of stairs, and what do you know there is the little escapee, fleeing out the door. I didn't even care that I was only half dressed.

Was he humping me and dumping me?

I pointed directly at Hunter as his eyes met mine, widening slightly when they did so. "What the hell is going on? and can someone tell me why I am supposed to be locked in that fucking bedroom?" I saw him wince from the tone of my voice.

I walked straight up to him, so that we were face to face, he blew out a breath. "Babe please go back upstairs, we'll talk when I'm back, something's come up and I really need to walk out of this door right now." Something in his voice sounded off, it was almost as if he was trying to be nice to me but really didn't want to.

Is he running away from me?

Did I do something wrong last night?

I couldn't of done. He'd been absolutely fine throughout the night, in fact he'd woken me up several times, pretty sure we went for round 4 at 5am this morning.

I blew out a breath I was holding and nodded. "Ok, I-I." It was right there on the tip of my tongue, "love you." I whispered. But it was too late he was already out the door. I masked my hurt when I turned around to face my best friend, following her back to the bedroom I closed the door with a little force.

"What the actual fuck?"

"Ok. Calm down. So Jarred told me that Shane called, there's money missing from the family account." Woah hold up a minute.

"What and he thinks I've stolen it? That's why he disappeared out of bed early, and that's why he's being off?" I interrupted, earning myself a slap round the back of my head and Lydia clicking her fingers in my face.

"Get a grip you love sick fool. Of course he doesn't think you've stolen it. Listen to me carefully, a million pound has gone and who else is nowhere in sight?" My eyes widened in realisation.

"Oh my god! Sam?" She nodded confirming it for me. "Holy shit."

"So that's probably why Hunter's so pissed because Sam's gone behind his back and done something he really didn't want him to do."

"And the fact he obviously doesn't trust Hunter's plan to get her back." I chimed in. "So there going over there all guns blazing?" Ok now I'm worried, very worried.