Chapter Twenty Seven ➰

IM COMING FOR YOU

*

Hunter POV

An actual date.

She actually let that fucking idiot take her on a date?

She hasn't left her apartment in days and the first time she does she has him to protect her? Him? All the people in this world, and he gets the girl.

This is bullshit.

Worst of all, it must of gone well considering how cozy they looked in the hallway last night.
It was now the morning after, it was still playing on my mind, she couldn't talk to me yet could date him? What kind of fucked up shit was this?

I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep this shit was eating me alive. I don't know what the hell is wrong me with.

"Dude if you keep pacing you're gonna make yourself dizzy." Jarred snickered as he entered the kitchen.

"Why is it she can't talk to me but can fucking date him?" You could tell he was already sick of me talking about it.

Jarred shrugged. "Suppose she doesn't think he's as dangerous as you are. Or maybe he's got better chat."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "He's a fucking wet lettuce. The sooner she realises that the easier I'll make his life."

"This is the reason you won't invite him in isn't it? Why you keep making excuses it's because of Tia?" He asked completely gobsmacked.

"Yep." I told him honestly. "I don't trust him."

"He's gave you no reason not to trust him." He'd given me plenty of reasons to not trust him, making a move on Tia at every possible opportunity was a very valid reason in my eyes.

"Lydia warned you, she said if you weren't quick enough Tia's attention would go elsewhere." Jarred stated as if it was simple. "And now it is and you're throwing your toys out the pram."

"Kind of difficult mate when she hates my fucking guts." She asked for space, so why isn't she enjoying that space? Instead she's using that time to date other dudes. I mean him of all people really? He's probably not even a 5.

"Bullshit." He pointed out. "You're scared."

I shook my head to disagree, he was giving me a look to say admit it. Scared? Of what?

"Stop stalling she's nothing like Hannah bro." The sound of that bitch's name made me shudder.

Hannah was my my first and only girlfriend, I'd been open to her told her everything about my family, the business and 6 months down the line she left, disappeared from town completely with no reason whatsoever, wasn't the business she was supportive, she took in every single detail and never judged for it, I loved her, she loved me but just like that it was all over. Hence why I have difficulty trusting the female species. Give them an inch they'll take a mile. 

When I was with Hannah, Lucas flirted with her too. He didn't get to take her on any dates though, she wasn't that stupid to fall for his charm, something I thought Tia wouldn't do either.

Sure I'd had fun here and there with girls after Hannah vanished off the face of the earth, but never had I opened up to one of them like I did her, that was until Tia came on the scene, and look how all that's turned out.

"I know." I sighed rubbing my eyes.

"Mate I don't want to be a dick but seriously you're going the wrong way about it all and before you know it she'll be with Lucas officially. He's on his way up to drop that file off, speak to him. Warn him off her or something."