Chapter Thirty Seven ➰

TEXTS FROM AN EX

*

Tia POV

Over a week had passed and it was now the first week of August. My favourite month only because my birthday fell in this month, so yeah you could say I was a little biased.

It was official I now worked at Hunter's nightclub, and I actually really liked it, I'd picked everything up really easily, and I was an absolute pro at cocktail making. Who knew working around alcohol would be my hidden talent? Shock.

I told Frankie that I didn't need a summer job after all, and it was more important that I focused on preparing myself for my final year at uni, of course she didn't mind, didn't stop me from feeling like an awful person for lying though, but it wasn't like I could tell her the truth so lying was my only option.

Tonight was Friday and I'd put myself down to work as I knew it would be super busy, and Candice who was the bar manager said she'd be grateful for the help. I'd learnt a lot from her in the past week, turns out she's actually Jack's wife so she was thoroughly involved in the whole gang business and relatable to talk to. She was a lovely woman in her late 20's, her dad had also been in the business years ago and that's how she knew everyone and how she met Jack in the first place.

I'd been given a set of tops which consisted of 4 tight fitted vest tops with the clubs logo printed on the front of them 'Blake' iconic name huh? They could of thought of something better than the family name. Hunter didn't approve of the vest tops so he had them changed to baggy T-shirt's, not anyone else's only mine.

Typical Hunter.

Hunter and Jarred had bought me into work tonight as they were here for a business meeting which was taking place in one of the conference rooms, away from any prying eyes. As it was only 7pm the bar was pretty empty so I took a stool next to bar and waited for any customers to come along. Tonight I was working alongside a boy called Mitch, he was sweet and incredibly funny, we'd worked a couple of shifts together so far. All the other members of staff would be working on the floor or at the other bar downstairs. Of course VIP was the only bar I was aloud to work on so that I could be kept on lockdown. Hunter's orders obviously.

Again typical Hunter.

"We didn't scare you away then." A voice spoke beside me perching his backside on the stool next to me, nudging my arm.

"I'm here aren't I?" I replied. "Where's Candy?"

He shrugged. "She text me to say she's running a little late, she had an emergency."

"Oh god, I hope she's ok?"

"She's fine she was craving a chicken mayo from McDonald's." I raised my eyebrows that's what she calls an emergency? "I know she's a dick!" He laughed. "I mean she could of offered to buy all the staff one."

"Hey, what the baby wants the baby wants." I defended her, Candy was 7 months pregnant and she was absolutely huge, if the girl wanted a chicken mayo, you better get your little ass running and get it for her. I couldn't deal with hormonal females, they are the worst. I should know it happens to me every single month.

"I'm so thankful I never have to get a girl pregnant, all those hormones fuck that!" He stated. I couldn't help but laugh. The perks of being gay eh? Yes the only reason I was aloud to chat so friendly and work alongside another male was because there was no possible way he'd be able to try it on with me.

"What would my son say about 2 of his best staff sat on their backsides not doing any work?" A new voice had sounded at the top of the stairs, tutting at the two of us sat here chatting.