Chapter Seventy Two: ➰

EX GIRLFRIEND

*

Hunter's POV

I wish I could block it out.

Block everything out and become numb, so I don't have to feel a thing, no pain, no worries not a care in the god damn world. But when is life ever that easy? Mine isn't anyway.

It's a fucking shambles.

46 minutes.

That's the amount of sleep I've had in the past 48 hours. My eyes feel heavy, my head feels light but no matter how many times I close my eyes, sleep doesn't consume me. So as always I'm left to lie here with nothing but my thoughts, the same images play over and over in my head, like a broken record.

It never ends, you can't press pause. I relive that night every second of every day.

Back to that night...

I sit down at the table in the vacant seats the girls left, directly opposite Sam.

"Hunter." He greets me first. "Look I don't wanna cause a scene." More like he's scared he'll get his arse whipped. We all know I'd wipe the floor with him. Traitor.

"What's changed from last night?" I scoffed. "You were more than willing to cause a scene then."

"Look, I was angry last night. I've had time to think about it, I understand why you're mad at me, hell id be mad at me. But believe me my intentions were pure, I love your sister you know that I only want whats best for her." And that's probably not you.

"You know what I don't know what's worse Sam, the fact that you lack trust in me, or the fact you didn't even have the decency to fill me in on your little plan, I could of helped you, she's also my sister and I want what's best for her." I replied, knocking back my drink. I was having a great night until he opened his mouth.

"I agree, I went the wrong way about it. Lesson learnt. Scouts honour." He attempted to joke, but it failed.

"You know I don't trust you now." I admitted. Hell I'd never trust him again.

"I get that. But I'll make it right, I don't want this to spoil our friendship, Hunter you're my brother." In law. Forced through marriage.

"You have a lot to prove then." Was all I said, I'm someone who appreciates actions, words mean nothing to me. Unless there dirty words coming from Tia's mouth then they do everything to me.

"I do. So how did it go today? Did you bring home the deal?" Nosey bastard, I took it as an opportunity to gloat though, as he seems to think I cannot handle the business.

"Four million pound." I stated proudly, earning my a clap on the shoulder from Kyle.

"Knew you'd do it mate."

"Impressive." Sam nodded. "Congratulations, I bet your father's happy."

"Hmm." I nodded.

"Well I'll leave you dicks to it." He joked. "Catch up later?"

"Yeah you're paying."

"Says the multi millionaire." Sam joked before wandering off to arse lick some other poor bloke. Bet he's seething about the fact I'm not a multi millionaire as he put it.

"I can't stand him!" Kyle muttered as soon as he was out of earshot of our table. "That smug look on his face all the time, pisses me off."

I raised an eyebrow. Was this really about Sam's facial expressions? Or was it really because the dude was married to my sister and he wasn't.