Chapter Eighty Six: ➰

IT WILL ALWAYS BE HER

*

Hunter's POV (again 😍)

What the fuck is this place?

And how the hell did Jarred find it?

I'd gotten lost five times in the past hour as I drove around pointlessly,  trying to follow the directions Jarred gave to me, that led me down many country lanes and off road tracks, till I eventually got the right place. A deserted cottage, that looked like it hadn't been lived in for years stood in front of me, as I pulled my car to a halt behind the white transit van parked on the dirt.

"You take the fucking piss you know that!" Jarred came storming out through the worn down door, just as I stepped out of my car, "I'm bored fucking shitless in there with him and Lydia's probably getting really suspicious considering I can't get any phone signal to fucking contact her!"

"Pretty sure you chose the destination." I argued, not my fault he can't get signal to whisper sweet nothings down the phone to his girlfriend. "What even is this place?"

"My grandmothers old place," I nodded, nice and discreet I liked it.

I followed him inside but he stopped as he reached the door, "can we agree now that we won't kill him in there, there's some real antique stuff in there I don't want it to get damaged."

I let my eyes roam all around the small cottage as we stepped inside. The place was covered in dust and cobwebs, it hadn't been used in years that much was clear, "yeah because you've been taking such good care of it!"

"Hey, I plan on doing it up buying all new furniture and having it as a cozy little getaway for me and Lyd, if you're nice to me I might let you and Tia use it." He pointed a finger at me, I looked around in disgust.

"That's the difference between me and you, you take your girlfriend to a shitty ass cottage whereas mine will dine at the Eiffel Tower," I told him jokingly, although I'm pretty sure Tia would love Paris, and she'd definitely appreciate it a lot more than this shit hole.

"Fuck off." He shot me the middle finger. "You just said you liked it!"

"Yeah. For this type of scenario it's perfect. But not a chance in hell I'd bring Tia to this." It didn't smell to great either.

"It's not a shit hole," he groaned "it's got huge potential." Yeah the potential to get the bulldozer in.

"Where is he then?" I breathed, let's get this done and dusted, I had better ways to spend my day.

Jarred motioned for me to follow him through the cottage until we reached a wooden door that looked like it was hanging off the hinges. Definitely not a location I planned on bringing Tia. Honestly it was a health and safety hazard.

As he pulled open the door, that I was almost sure would fall off in his hands, we stepped in revealing a bruised and battered Sam, tied down to a chair with a blindfold covering his eyes. I walked directly over to him and pulled away the tape from his mouth and the material from his eyes, his eyes widened as soon as they laid eyes on me.

"Hello gorgeous," I muttered sarcastically.

"What the fuck do you pair think you are doing? You think I won't get you back for this?" He started thrashing around in his chair, glancing around the room at his surroundings.