Chapter Ninety Seven: ➰

FOREVER IS WITH YOU

*

(More tissues will be needed guys, sorry 😩🙈 also unedited so I apologise for any mistakes)

Tia's POV

11 minutes.

"There has to be another way," I shook my head as he spoke, "Tia please come on let's get you out of here," I wiped away his tears as he forehead leant against mine.

"There isn't enough time Hunter," I didn't see any point in moving anywhere, down here I was safe and detained and not a risk to my friends or the public. It wasn't logical to move me.

"There has to be. This isn't how it's supposed to go. I'm not leaving you here. Are you insane?"

"We both know that by the time I climb out of these tunnels I'm a danger to you all. I'm not prepared to put you through it, that's not how I want our last memory to be. So you're going to leave here in 5 minutes and you're not gonna look back. Do you hear me?"

"Are you fucking hearing yourself?" He screamed, "I'm not leaving you down here to die! You think I'm gonna be able to live with that? It's not going to happen Tia get that into your head right now!"

"It's what I want!" One of us had to be strong. I'd had more time to process it all. It was what it was, it was the inevitable it was gonna happen whether we liked it or not.

"No it isn't and you know it. You think I can't read you? I can. You are absolutely petrified, so am I, I've never felt so helpless in all my life. We have to try and do something, I'm not gonna allow you to sit back and let this happen Tia, this isn't how we deal with things!" I really didn't want to spend our last minutes screaming at each other.

"What choice do we have?" I argued, "they're not going to help us. Nathan is long gone he's the only person who can stop this. Deep down you already know this, we knew it would come to an end with that family. We have to face facts they've won."

9 minutes.

Hunter pulled away from me and placed his head in hands as he ripped away at the ends of hair, his knees pulled to his chest as he rocked back and fourth slowly. This was a Hunter I never wanted to see, he was scared. He looked like a broken child.

"They've won the round though, they haven't won the game. I have every faith that you'll end this once and for all, and when you do life will be so much clearer and you'll never have to deal with any of this shit ever again," I wasn't lying, this life wasn't for him it never has been. He's smart, he's kind hearted and he has so many hidden talents, ready to be shown to the world, but I also know he has to see this through till it's him and Nathan remaining, so the sooner he's done with that the sooner he can rid himself of this gang stuff and lead a normal life.

"I can't do this without you."

I could literally feel my heart shattering into tiny pieces, I hated seeing him like this.

"You have to let me say goodbye to you properly. There's so many things I need you to understand. We're running out of time Hunter." I crawled over to him and sat directly in front of his body lifting his head from his knees to meet mine.

He wasn't having any of it, he stood away from me and starting waving around his mobile phone and shouting into his ear piece any attempt to get signal.

But it didn't come, no matter what he did he wasn't getting any service. He was wasting more time, there were no more options and there's so many things I need to say before it's over. He has to understand how much I love him, we hadn't been back together long, I know he still blames himself for what happened when his father died, he has to know that regardless of all of that he's still my number one.