Chapter Fifty: ➰

WHEN WILL THEY LET US DO THE DAMN THING?

*

Hunter POV

I stared across the large mahogany table at the guys that I trust the most in this world. I could think of plenty more things,  I'd rather be doing today. For example Tia, I'd rather be doing Tia.

"It's your call Hunter." Jarred spoke first as everyone seated around me  waited patiently for an answer. Rudely interrupting me from my thoughts.

"James you say they've been hanging around the docks?" I looked at the grizzly hair guy sat closest to my father on my left.

"Yes that's correct." He pushed a set of photographs towards me so I could get a better glance. "These are images the new cctv system  picked up. Although they never actually got near the docks they've been strangely lingering in surrounding areas."

I thought it over for a second. "It's possible they're assessing the area, bit coincidental that there's another large shipment coming in next week, could they know?" Jack asked.

"How would they know though? That's impossible, we've kept this very hush hush. Unless one of you has spilled?" My father pointed around us all. There had only ever been one snake around this group, and I could guarantee he's to blame for all of this.

"Lucas would of known about a large shipment coming in September, he was around then but he definitely doesn't know the date." I pointed out, putting us at an advantage.

"Lucas?" Mick interrupted. "You think he's working alongside Nathan?" He and everyone else looked mortified. We'd all been stupid enough to trust Lucas at some point.

"It's a possibility yes." Jarred chimed in. "We found a receipt in his house from Nathan's car garage."

"Oh come on mate, there's no possibility about it. He's definitely working for them." I scoffed, Lucas had really chosen to piss off the wrong side, and for that he'd pay.

"Of course he'd go running to them." Mick spat in response. A traitor was never respected by my guys. "Wait till I get my hands on him."

"Not if I get there first!" Kyle added in,

"If you see him you bring him straight to me." I ordered. Looking around making sure everyone else in the room understood. Lucas was my problem to deal with and I'd take great pleasure in dealing with him.

I thought back to the conversation I'd had with Tia, where she tried to make me promise her I wouldn't kill him, I couldn't promise a single thing regarding him, he was a dead man walking. This was even bigger than Tia, Lucas knew way too much there wasn't a chance in hell we could keep him on the streets, whilst he's dick sucking the enemy.

"Do you really think they'd be that stupid to cross us again?" Jack asked, not entirely convinced.

"Yeah without a doubt." I muttered. "They won't know that we know the real reason they need the money, they'll think we'll just see it as a revenge plan."

"So what we let them steal it?" Jack asked in a disappointing tone. Jarred looked at me like I'd grown another head.

"Son." My father patted my shoulder. "That's over a million pounds worth of cocaine, you can't just let them have it just because they have a valid reason for needing the cash."

Nearly everyone in the room nodded along with my father, seriously they lacked faith in me.

"They won't be getting a million pounds worth of cocaine though." I smiled smugly. "We're gonna switch the drugs for Talc and bicarbonate soda, they're not clever enough to test the product there and then."