Chapter Thirty Six ➰

DIRECT ORDERS

*

Tia POV

It was Monday morning which could only mean one thing.. it was time for work again.
Someone remind me why I signed up for this job again? I could be asleep in bed right now.

Hunter had insisted on driving me today, saying I shouldn't go anywhere on my own, over the weekend I'd gotten no closer to finding out who the hell this H person was either. He hadn't been in the best of moods so I decided against asking him directly, I asked Lydia if Jared had ever mentioned anyone called H and she said no. So I'd dropped the subject completely for now.

We'd learnt yesterday that Lucas had been discharged from the hospital, luckily he hadn't tried to contact me, Hunter had been on edge since he got the call and was probably the reason he was in such a protective mood today. It was now 12pm and I was on my lunch break sat inside Hunters car eating a Big Mac. "You can't sit outside here every time I have work it's fucking creepy." I told him honestly.

"If I wasn't here would you have been scoffing your face with that burger? No." Good point. Although the burger wasn't my idea, if he had told me he was bringing McDonald's I would of asked for chicken nuggets.

"Frankie and Bill are gonna think you're stalking me!"

"It's hardly stalking when you enjoy spending time with me, I mean why wouldn't you I'm fucking fantastic!" I rolled my eyes at his cocky remarks. I wasn't gonna sit and stroke his ego.

You'd stroke something else of his though.

My subconscious was getting worse and worse, it wasn't normal to be having such vulgar thoughts whilst doing something really unattractive like demolishing my food like a pig.

"I'm serious! You can't keep coming with me to work, not like I'm gonna be kidnapped from behind the counter is it!" He looked at me as if to say yes Tia that could happen. I was horrified. "Are you kidding me?"

"Tia you don't know these people they're dangerous! They don't give a shit that you're at work, what did you expect them to ask what time you finish and politely wait outside?" I glared at him, I wasn't a child and today he'd definitely been treating me like one.

"No I meant would they cause trouble like that in front of so many witnesses?"

"Of course they would, they could probably get ten of their own witnesses to say they were somewhere else." Oh well great. I actually felt a bit safer knowing he was here. Probably best he accompanies me anywhere I go.

"What if one day you're busy? It's not possible for you to be here every time I'm at work Hunter." Someone needed to be realistic here, even if I had slightly warmed to the idea, it just wasn't possible.

"Please don't be scared." He whispered. "There will always be someone here, if I have to be somewhere I won't leave until there is someone here to take my place." I nodded as he rubbed soothing circles on the backs of my hands. I hated living like this.

I checked the time and my break was almost over. "I have to go back in." I told him.

"Before you go there's something I wanted to run past you." I waited for him to continue.

"Do you know a Ian Richards? Goes by the name of Ritchie." I thought it over, I don't think I'd ever heard that name before.

"I don't think so, name doesn't sound familiar. Why do you ask?"

"He's Nathan's right hand man." He told me. "I'm trying to find information on him, James didn't manage to get a great lot."

"Sorry, can't help you there."