Chapter Forty Nine: ➰

THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER

*

Tia's POV

"Tell me Brianna, what qualities do you think you can bring to Blake?" I asked the young girl sat in front of me. Honestly interviewing people was so draining, this was the second interview of the day, and already all I could think about was taking a nap.

The first girl was actually really displeased to find that I was interviewing her and not Hunter. I marked a big Red Cross through her application within one minute of her opening her mouth.

Call it a hunch but I didn't think we would work well together.

Brianna was the second applicant, she was as timid as a mouse, and every question I asked was like trying to draw blood from a stone.

"Erm." She thought for a moment. "Well I'm a hard worker." She spoke so quietly I barely heard her, how would she cope in a crowded night club, with loud music and having to shout over the bar to customers.

I couldn't help but compare her to that girl from pitch perfect. Honestly I felt like I needed to attach a hearing aid to my ear just so I can hear her speak.

I nodded and wrote down some notes on her answer, I only had one applicant left after this, and the application was pretty basic, however she did have previous experience, something Brianna hasn't got.

"Ok." I said. "I'm gonna give you a little scenario that happens quite regularly in a night club just answer honestly how you would deal with this situation.. so it's a Friday night the club is heaving with people, you know how it is drunk rowdy men, one comes to the bar and he's really rude to you, in fact he refuses to pay for his drink, he starts getting more and more aggressive, what do you do to control the situation?"

I let her think it over for a few moments while I looked through her application, no bar experience, only just turned 18. However her grades from school were pretty outstanding. Not that they really mean something in a bar job, it is quite simple when you get the hang of it.

"I would just give him the drink saves any violence?" Wrong answer, if that was the case every person who drinks here would try that game, last thing Hunter needs is free drinks being passed out left right and centre.

"Brianna." I stated in a friendly tone. "I don't think this is the right job for you hun, you have amazing grades, you could do so much better than a bar job." I wasn't exactly lying, she could do bigger and better things plus I knew for fact she wouldn't last one minute out there behind the bar. You have to have a certain type of personality and a thick skin to be able to do it, people skills are the biggest essential, this girl has none.

Brianna smiled at me. "Thank you for your time." I returned her smile and stood to open the door to see her out. Mick nodded at me and escorted her out of the club.

"A cup of tea, and a gentle reminder that your last one is here." Mitch spoke as he entered the office placing a cup of tea on the desk as I took my place once more in the chair.

"I love you!" I declared taking a sip of my tea.

"Now now boss I don't think that's appropriate." He pointed at me, earning himself a laugh. "Well is that my new barmaid?"

"No!" I sighed. "She was like a frightened mouse she wouldn't hack the stress." I sat back enjoying my cup of tea.

"Let's hope the next ones alright." He said sarcastically. "She hasn't exactly come dressed professionally."