Chapter Eighty Four: ➰

CAUGHT IN THE ACT

*

Tia's POV

A/N: sensitive topics within this chapter, you have been warned.

*

Losing someone is hard, like a whole life to live but it's taken away way too soon. How is that ever fair?

Must be even harder to carry that person within you and never get the chance to meet them, when did the world get so cruel?

Is there really a god? Because if there was why do things like this happen? It always happens to the nicest of people. I mean none of us are saints in this world, but nobody deserves to go through that pain, not even the person you hate the most in this world.

Life just isn't fair.

I opened my eyes hoping it had all just been a dream, maybe I'd nodded off in between moving into the house, but no life's never that easy. I was brought back to reality, the tragic reality where cruel things happen. How do you get someone through this? How do you act? What do you say? Do you say anything at all or do we brush it under the carpet and never speak of it again?

"Hey sleepy head," a voice spoke from beside of me. How on earth I managed to fall asleep on these chairs was a mystery, you'd think hospitals would make comfy waiting rooms. Thankfully we had the room to ourselves.

"What time is it?" I asked rubbing my eyes, Lydia pulled out her phone, "nearly midnight."

I looked at  the empty chairs next to me, "where's Hunter and Kyle?" They were definitely here before I fell asleep.

"She's out of theatre," Lydia whispered, the only sounds that filled the room were Jarred's light snores. "Do you think she's ok?"

I shook my head, "I don't know," physically?  yes, but mentally? I wasn't so sure.

"There was so much blood," she muttered, we hadn't really had the chance to talk about it all since she woke up from passing out, everything had just been a huge panic from that moment.

"I know," I nodded picturing the scene we'd walked into only hours ago and the screams of agony. "How was Kyle after I fell asleep?"

Kyle had understandably been in the worst state, he wasn't aloud to go down into theatre with Abi, and was forced to stay in here with us whilst the procedure went ahead.

Hunter even tried bribing the surgeon with a ridiculous amount of money, but still the answer was no. Everything had been such a blur, and seemed to happen very quickly. As soon as we arrived at the hospital, after following the ambulance at top speed, they'd already started prepping her to go into surgery, they couldn't stop the bleeding, so being put to sleep so they could control it was the only option.

No one had dared to ask about the baby, I think we all already knew, there was no way that all that blood meant it was still hanging in there. But it was just painful to speak about it out loud.

"Not great, the longer time went on the more anxious he got, I feel so bad for him he hasn't even processed becoming a dad and now it's been taken away."

"Me too. Life's cruel, I feel awful because Hunter and Kyle have so much hope that everything's ok, but Lyd we saw the blood, how can everything be ok after all that?" I shook my head, it was heartbreaking.