Chapter Forty Seven ➰

SHOTS FIRED

*

Tia's POV

"Well sorry that I forgot that my finger was on the trigger." I snapped crossing my arms. I didn't like this at all.

For the past ten minutes Hunter had been lecturing me about acting safely when holding a gun, let's be honest if you have a gun in the first place you're clearly not safe, people don't just carry guns for nothing, especially in England.

Anyway what I did wasn't a big deal, nobody got hurt.

"Tia you shot a hole through the fucking ceiling because you got mad at the girl who works there, all cause she asked me if we wanted an extra session!" I rolled my eyes at his exaggeration, that wasn't quite the story, he'd basically made that up.

So there I was standing with a gun aiming at a target when some girl came over, I didn't hear what she said but I did happen to glance over my shoulder and in that split second I forgot I had a gun and accidentally fired it at the roof.

"I was not mad." I explained. "I was merely being nosey." I shrugged, there was no harm done, I even paid for the damages not exactly the first thing I wanted to spend my wages on but I did cause the damage so it was only fair.

"What if you had shot me, or that poor girl or anyone fucking else for that matter?" He asked in frustration.

"Oh poor girl is she?" I crossed my arms, he needed to choose his words very carefully. How dare he defend her over me, does he fancy her?

"Yes Tia, poor her and poor me, you could of took our fucking heads off." Don't tempt me.

"I'm kinda wishing I did shoot you now if I'm honest." I admitted, he was giving me a headache with this lecture. I had better things to be doing than shooting a gun at a stupid target.

"You're unbelievable." He muttered, I pulled a face mimicking him luckily he didn't catch me as his eyes were focused on the road ahead.

I took a moment to look at our surroundings, pretty sure we live the opposite side of town, where the hell is he taking me? There was nothing around us but fields full of trees. A minute later he took a slight off road track and proceeded down the path.

"Erm this isn't our home." He completely ignored me and continued to drive through the trees. Maybe he was going to push me off a cliff, wouldn't be a bad thing least I didn't have to manage a bloody club come tomorrow morning. Eventually he stopped the car, we were literally in the middle of nowhere.

"What are we doing here?" I asked in hope that he'd actually answer me this time.

"You barely got chance to fire that gun in there, so I've bought you here, to a secluded area where there is no one here to distract you from shooting the right way." He said simply and hopped out of the car, I heard him fishing around in the back until he come to my side of the car and opened the door for me. I took off my seat belt and hesitantly stepped out.

I was over the whole gun practicing situation now, I still wanted to go and lie in a dark room and maybe take a nap.

Hunter was holding a sleek black gun in his hand, it was similar to the one I'd briefly used at the shooting range, only this one had a long silver nozzle on the end of it. Noticing my focus he explained it to me. "It's a silencer, that way the shots won't be heard."

"Should we not phone someone like that guy from the shooting range, a professional?" I asked, I wasn't a fan of standing in the Forrest randomly firing a gun.