Chapter Sixteen ➰

THE FIRST FIGHT.

*

Tia's POV

This was going smoother than expected, I thought to myself, watching Hunter pull two shot glasses from one of the cupboards as I settled onto one of the stools in the kitchen. I slid the bottle over to him to pour, before he handed me a glass.

"This is becoming a habit," he motioned to the bottle. I nodded completely agreeing with him.

"It's like our thing." I blurted.

Why the fuck did I just say that? That's embarrassing.

"Our thing huh?" He flashed me that devilish smirk, I rolled my eyes. "Hey I'm not complaining, I quite like this being our thing."

Oh ok.

The word 'our' was circling round my mind like crazy, I liked it. I liked it a lot. He also likes it, now I'm not so embarrassed.

"This is your fault anyway," I told him, because it was true, he introduced the first bottle of tequila, so technically this was all his fault he started this whole thing.

"What because I suggested it at a party? on a weekend? where everyone else was also drinking? I'm not the one barging into people's apartments with alcohol on a school night, let's not forget that."

"Oh well I'll leave then, and drink by myself in my bedroom," I made a move to stand but he shoved me back down, rather forcefully. I smirked.

Anyone would think he wanted me around.

"You're not leaving." He told me in an authoritative tone making me shiver. Was this his way of saying he wanted me here? Was he happy to see me? I'd say I'm happy to see him.

Only for my plan obviously, not for any other reason in the world.

Liar. Liar. Liar.

"Ok I'm not leaving. You did say we were all hanging out tonight though. Movie night remember?" I tried to jog his memory, so I didn't look desperate and hadn't just barged over here uninvited.

"I don't see the others." He looked around the room. "I mentioned nothing about alcohol." Smart git.

I shrugged playing it down. "Lydia and Jarred had other ideas. Plus I never asked Lucas to leave, so it's not my fault we're alone."

"You're right. I asked Lucas to leave."

"Why?"

"Because he wasn't invited to movie night. 5 is an odd number." He stated bluntly as if it was obvious. Isn't he supposed to be his friend? What's the problem with all 5 of us watching a movie together? It wasn't like he was intruding on a couples date.

"That's a little mean." I admitted. "He's your friend."

"Maybe. But he's more my employee and Jarred's friend." Like I said this was going smoother than expected. I detected a little hostility between Hunter's liking to Lucas that's for sure.