Chapter Forty Four: ➰

BAD DECISIONS

*

Hunter's POV

I felt a tad uncomfortable as I sat in nothing but a towel on Tia's sofa, her eyes watching me intently, angry wasn't a good enough word to describe the facial expressions she was pulling at me. Raging was the more accurate choice. I blew out a breath and prepared myself to explain what really happened last night.

I know for a fact she's not going to be pleased, but I have no other option but to be truthful.

"Speak then." She said in a icy tone.

Shit here goes.

**** 12 hours earlier ****

"Hannah." I spoke quietly.

Shit what the fuck is she doing back? Shock consumed me as it took me a few seconds to realise she'd jumped up from the chair and wrapped her arms around my neck, almost as if she'd never gone away, and everything was normal.

I couldn't help but inhale that familiar scent as my arms came around her. The last time I saw this girl was the morning of the day she decided to disappear from the face of the earth and left behind only a poxy note which read 'I'm sorry' still to this day I do not know why my 'girlfriend' upped and left.

"I missed you." She whispered pulling away and showing me that angelic face of hers, we all knew that was just an act, Hannah was far from angelic, she could be a real bitch at times, pair that with her attitude and there's the reason a younger angrier me fell for her.

She flicked her fiery red hair over her shoulder. I was still so shell shocked I couldn't find any words to say, although plenty of questions were frequently popping into my mind. A voice coughed reminding us of his presence.

"Jarred." She beamed, Jarred and Hannah never got along, in fact they absolutely hated each other.

"Cut the bullshit Hannah why are you here? It's been much more peaceful in the 5 years you've been away." Jarred spat.

She only laughed in response. "Some things never change. Hunter can we talk. Alone."

"You have ten minutes!" Jarred stated before walking out and slamming the door behind him. Hannah rolled her eyes.

"Why are you here?" I had to ask. After all this time, why now?

"I have some family issues going on." She admitted. "So I'm only back for a short while until I've sorted my differences with them." Surprise surprise she's leaving again. That was Hannah all over, never stays in the same place.

"How about you explain to me what the fuck all that was 5 years ago, why you upped and left with no reason." I couldn't help myself, the shocked period was over and now I was just pissed as hell. How dare she stand here and act like nothing's changed between us.

"I had my reasons Hunt, I was a different person back then, we were young we both had so much shit in our lives, it got difficult." She stated as if it was obvious.

"And you didn't think it might of been worth telling me this before leaving? Seriously Hannah you gave me no fucking clue whatsoever, just a poxy note do you not think I deserved more than that 24 hours after I told you I fucking loved you." I took a step away from her keeping her at arms length. "You said it back Hannah for fuck sake!"

"And I meant every word, I really did. You have to believe that, our relationship wasn't perfect but it had nothing to do with me leaving, I had so much shit going on with my family, I had to get away I couldn't deal with it, so I flew to my cousins in New York and took some time for myself!" She told me.