Chapter Fifty One: ➰

THE BIRTHDAY PART ONE

*

Tia's POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Lydia and Jarred screamed at me as I entered the living area of our apartment. I rubbed my tired eyes blinking away the blurriness.

"Thanks guys." I told them both with a smile, taking a seat on the sofa, Lydia handed me a cup of coffee, which I gladly took and then dumped a small pile of presents in front of me.

"Open them." She clapped excitedly, anyone would think it was her birthday, Lydia always got overly excited on special occasions, however I do love a good opening of the presents ceremony, unless it's an awful gift and you have to put on your best 'omg I love it!' Face.

But Lydia buys me great gifts.

I placed the cup of coffee down and opened the first present which was absolutely tiny and felt like a bank card of some sort. I carefully tore open open the wrapping paper.

"That's from me." Jarred admitted just as I got a glance at what it was.

"omg you got me a gift card for Dominoes!" I said enthusiastically, hands down best present ever. Pizza becomes expensive when you have a habit of feeding on it 5 days a week.

"Thanks Jarred." I leaned over and gave him a quick one armed hug, I wasn't even expecting a present from him. As I picked up one of the three remaining presents Lydia declared they were in fact from her, I gathered that from the pretty pink bows and fancy wrapping paper. I chose the smallest first and ripped open the paper, revealing a small box with the words Durex printed all over it, great she bought me condoms.

"Better to be safe than sorry." She muttered. Making Jarred snort. "And I know for a fact you won't go out and personally buy them." Duh cause that's legit a guys job.

"Thank you." I said slowly placing the box of condoms onto the table. "Maybe if you let us go past first base we'll utilise them effectively."

"You make out as if we do it on purpose." She rolled her eyes, I swear they actually do it on purpose, surely not a coincidence that every time me and Hunter get some alone time one of these guys walk in and stops it.

Lydia pointed a finger at the two remaining presents on my lap, breaking my trance of my near sex encounters with my boyfriend. Yeah probably not the time to be having those thoughts. The other two gifts consisted of the Harry Potter boxset and a new mac lipstick.

"Thanks guys." I grinned.

After thanking Lydia and Jarred, I quickly hopped in the shower and made myself look a bit more presentable, hell it was a total transformation. You have to make a little effort on your birthday after all. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Hunter would be picking me up in 30 minutes.

Just as I finished the final touch ups of the little makeup I had on, a knock on the door sounded, I checked the time on my phone, Jesus he was early.

I didn't hear Lydia getting up to get the door so I quickly rushed through the living area to answer it, throwing my friend a deadpan look.

"What?" She muttered from the sofa, "Its obviously for you." Lazy cow.

I whipped open the door ready to make a sarcastic joke about him being early, I'm glad I didn't when I saw two familiar faces, one sporting a happy grin the other a face full of thunder.

"Mom, dad!" I greeted enthusiastically, my mothers anger radiating from her. I really wasn't expecting a visit from them.

"Hello princess." My dad spoke first, engulfing me in a rib crushing hug. "And Happy birthday, Tia is that a grey hair I see?" He patted my head dramatically.