Chapter Eight ➰

AND THEN THERE WERE TWO

*

Tia's POV

Unfortunately due to Hunter's demands, Lucas was no longer joining us for dinner. Not that I was bothered, I was grateful that I didn't have to deal with anymore awkward encounters with him.

Let's just say Lucas doesn't respect my personal space, at all. He seems a nice enough person, but hey let me breathe boy. Oxygen is important after all.

So it ended up just being the four of us, we jumped out of Jarred's car on the cafes small car park, and I mean jumped out. Jarred owned a nice little white Audi Q3 it was super shiny and super fast, and I was extremely jealous and a little scared from his reenactment of fast and furious the whole ride here. Literally I clung on for dear life, the entire time.

So we were currently all suffering with a slight case of whiplash, he drove like a complete madman, turns out he only got his licence last weekend, so that basically explains his lack of experience with the roads, who the hell gave him a licence I don't know.

"Next time we travel in my car." Hunter muttered as he led the way to entrance of the cafe. Jarred groaned, he was seriously getting pissed with all the comments we'd all made about his poor driving skills.

"I'm not that bad." he spoke up defensively, yeah dude you really are. My grandmother can drive better than that and she's partially blind.

"I think the old lady that nearly fell through the windscreen would beg to differ!" I gave him a pointed look, oh yeah we nearly didn't make it here, because clearly Jarred doesn't understand the traffic light colours.

"She shouldn't of stepped into the road like that," He shrugged. "It's a good job I was concentrating, none of you would of been able to hit the brakes that fast!"

"Jarred it was on a red light, it was her right to cross the bloody road." I laughed.

"Tia do you drive?" He asked me seriously with a pointed look.

I shook my head no. I'd never bothered because I could admit I would be unsafe on the roads, and nobody in this world would have the patience to teach me how to drive.

"Shut up then." My mouth dropped open.

That earned him a slap round the head from Lydia. You go glen coco. I smirked proudly "don't speak to her like that, its not her fault you're a lousy driver."

"Sorry Tia." Jarred muttered, giving Lydia an apologetic look.

"Bro you're so fucking whipped!" I had to agree with Hunter there. Jarred gave us both the middle finger before dragging Lyd inside, muttering under his breath. "After you.." Hunter held the door open for me.

As we entered into the cafe, we decided on a little booth up the corner and settled into the comfy seats, me and Lydia sat next to each other facing the boys. I wasn't happy with the fact that Hunter would be watching me eat.

I'm not an attractive eater.

Frankie's was my favourite place to eat, we'd stumbled across this place when we had first arrived in town and this is where we ate our first dinner.Could you imagine me and Lydia at home cooking? We'd burn the whole building down, cooking just wasn't our thing.

The only way to describe this place was homely. The shabby chic decor and the friendly customer service, gave me a sense of home. It reminded me of my parents house, the familiar smell of home cooked meals floated around us, gentle music playing. My mum loves the music on whilst she's cooking, so yeah you can gather why we come here so often.