Chapter Forty Three: ➰

THE RELATIONSHIP STATUS

*

Tia's POV

"Tell me what the fuck is going on." I demanded of my best friend, who had been acting really strange all morning. At first I thought she was just treading lightly around me because of the mid life crisis I had last night and stupidly decided to drink myself into an oblivion, making the situation ten times worse.

But no she was hiding something, and she was going to tell me what was going on. I only had to walk towards the entrance to our apartment and both Lydia and Becky were ushering me to sit down with panicked looking faces.

"Nothing's going on." She replied, her face told a different story though, Becky just stayed silent.

I pinched her arm rather forcefully. "Tell me now." I seethed as she wriggled to the floor in pain. I was hungover, my head was pounding I had an absolute weirdo wanting me to go back to him, and now my best friend is lying to me, fucking fantastic. Monday morning had smacked me right in the face.

"Ok ok let go you mad bitch." I instantly freed her from my grip, she jumped up and dusted off her jeans, glaring at me slightly. "You should sit down."

"I don't want to fucking sit down." I pointed at her. "What I want is to know what is going on."

She pottered around the kitchen making a cup of tea, she didn't even like tea completely forgetting I was stood there waiting for some answers. She picked up the cup of tea and walked over to front door pulling it open and handing it to some muscly guy stood outside. "There you are Mick." She smiled passing him the cup before coming back in and closing the door.

"And who the fuck is he?" I asked, pointing towards the now shut door where an absolute stranger stood behind drinking my bloody tea.

"Security." She shrugged simply as if it wasn't a big deal. "Hunter's idea!" Oh of course it was.

"You told him?" I asked. She nodded sheepishly raising her hands in defence.

"He had to know, and in my defence you were absolutely wasted and you weigh a ton so someone had to carry you to bed, and it wasn't gonna be me." Oh just dandy, so he saw my vulnerable state, how embarrassing. Poor man has probably run a mile by now.

"Where is Hunter now?" She hesitated before replying. Someone had to stop him before he does something completely stupid.

"He's sleeping." She told me. "I wouldn't wake them, I heard them come home about 4am."

"And where had they been?" She laughed nervously.

"I don't think you wanna know the answer to that." Becky chimed in, Lydia nodded agreeing with her.

I raised a hand to my open mouth. "Oh my god he's killed him hasn't he?" Why did she open her big mouth and tell him.

"Well like I said he's sleeping, I haven't heard a thing off either of them since they came back, I'm guessing when they're awake they'll come over and explain everything that went on. But yes he's probably killed him, I hope he has anyway." Oh yeah that's it basically push Hunter to a jail cell why don't you Lydia. It was almost like she read my mind.

"A guy like Hunter isn't going to prison if that's what you're thinking, he's too clever for that." Did she really just pay him a compliment? I was so used to the insults. "I bet the little fucker made Jarred dig the grave though." Ah there we are, there's that love hate relationship they have going on.

"Fuck this." I started charging towards the door and whipped it out, revealing this Mick guy sipping his tea sat on one of kitchen stools, she was giving him our furniture now? I turned round giving the girls daggers. "Stay there!" I then slammed the door shut as I walked out making sure to lock them inside.