Chapter Ninety Six: ➰

LIFE CAN FUCK YOU OVER SOMETIMES

*

Tia's POV

(A/N: you might want to go grab the tissues real quick, this is an emotional one)

He'd found me.

I drifted in and out of consciousness as he dragged me roughly through the damp ridden tunnels, he was having to support all of my weight, I could no longer stand up.

I was weak.

I couldn't feel my arms or my legs, maybe it's the shock or the feeling of being scared. The shock that in 35 minutes I'd be blown into a thousand pieces, and I was fucking petrified.

I thought about every single person in my life.

The fact of never seeing my parents again, never seeing my best friend or getting to say goodbye. All of my friends that I'll never get to just hang out with.

And there's the man in my life.

The only person I've ever imagined spending the rest of my life with, building a foundation, having children and getting married, now nothing but a dream. A sick dream that haunts me every second teasing me about a life I'll never have.

I guess that's why I passed out, I probably have Nathan to thank a little, that he appeared from the shadows to catch me, if I would of hit the ground hard enough, I would of detonated the vest a little earlier.

Funny thing was I remember us walking away from the spot I nearly collapsed in as I woke up from my fainting session, he heard his sisters annoyance as she shouted about what I'd done to her, yet Nathan ignored her and continued to drag me down the tunnels. Why?

"Good. You're awake."

"Yeah for another 35 minutes." Even on my death bed, sarcasm is all I have.

"Even looking as shit as you do, and as weak as you are, you still manage to lace your voice with sarcasm, I can see why he went for you. But now it's time to get you in position." He grinned at me.

Nathan needed help. Mental health kind of treatment, he wasn't well. This isn't normal for someone to do this, especially to someone innocent. What was he getting from this? Apart from revenge on Hunter. Other than that he achieves nothing but a guilty conscious, in fact I don't even think he'll have one of those. The look on his face was truly sickening.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I croaked. My throat was dry and raspy.

"No hard feelings Tia. This is what happens in business. Unfortunately you're just collateral damage."

"You're crazy." I spat.

"Maybe, or maybe it's because I'm a good businessman."

"Really?" I scoffed, "Hunter's the businessman hence why he's loaded and you are not."

He couldn't answer that. He knew I was right, how could he call himself a businessman, he's nothing more than a sick freak.