Chapter Fifty Eight: ➰

A VERY ANGRY BEST FRIEND

*

Tia's POV

It had been over 24 hours since I stormed out of Hunter's room, and to say I was still pissed off would be an understatement. The fact that he hasn't once tried to contact me since, or come over and apologise made me feel even worse.

Hunter's men were still taking shifts outside our doors, I knew so because every so often when Lydia was preoccupied I'd sneak a look through the peep hole, maybe I was hoping to catch a glimpse of that infuriating bastard, I never did though. I hope he's busy burying his head in shame.

"I know you're angry but please don't take it out on the kitchen cupboards." Lydia said softly behind me grabbing a carton of orange juice from the fridge. I didn't even realise I was slamming the cupboards.

"I'm sorry." I breathed, grabbing my cup of tea from the side and walking into the living area back to the spot I hadn't really moved from in 24 hours.

"You look a lot better today." Lydia spoke again following me and taking a seat next to me.

"Yep. Probably because I actually managed to sleep." I muttered flicking through Netflix for something good to watch. How fucking dare he not come and apologise to me. Like what the hell? My mind was completely frazzled, his actions made me think that no matter how much alcohol he had drunk he had meant for that contract to be drawn up, he was serious about it.

"Are you ready to tell me what he's done yet?" She asked. "I haven't moved from your side the whole time so I haven't been able to ask Jarred." She ended it with a little laugh. I felt awful that I'd kept her away from Jarred.

"You don't have to stay here and babysit me Lyd, you should go and spend some time with Jarred." I encouraged. Just because my relationship was suffering didn't mean hers had to.

She gave me a look as if to say are you dumb? "What so you can sit here and over analyse absolutely everything in that stupid head of yours? and then you'll probably turn to alcohol and then there's the risk you'll choke on your own vomit. So no I will not be going over to the boys apartment. Especially when I know that whatever Hunter did also put my boyfriend in a terrible mood, so it must be bad."

"I don't want to talk about it." I pleaded, because if I spoke about it I'd cry again. Even thinking about crying made my eyes fill up, right now I'm emotionally unstable. I was not ok.

"Oh Tia." Lydia whispered placing an arm around my shoulder and pulling me over to lean on her shoulder. "Everything will work itself out I promise."

"I don't think it will. He hasn't even tried to sort things out Lyd." I picked up my phone and threw it back onto the floor. "See no texts nothing!"

Lydia leant forward and picked up my phone before examining it and placing it gently on the table in front of us. "Ok well iPhones are expensive." She muttered. "Let me give you some advice. Men are absolute trash bags!"

I laughed a little at her statement. "No seriously they are, they're absolutely clueless. They do nothing but make you feel so happy and content one minute and the next so fucking distraught and head fucked. It's one big viscous circle. Love isn't pretty and whoever says that it is well they're full of shit! It's not all romance and giggles, there's arguments, there's lies and there are some really shit times. But it's how you work at it and balance it all and eventually the good always outweighs the bad. Relationships are hard work babe they really are, you have to have loyalty, trust and a whole lot of patience, believe me I've been putting up with Jarred's annoying ass for how long. Things will work out."