Chapter Seventeen ➰

HUNTER'S DATE

*

Tia's POV

It had been over two weeks since my argument with Hunter, safe to say we were both avoiding each other like the plague.

Whenever me and Lydia hung out with Jarred and Lucas, he wasn't present, we didn't hang out a lot as the boys seemed to always be busy with the gym. Of course everyone had tried to get us to make up and be 'friends' again, but he'd made it perfectly clear that we were not friends and therefore I had zero time for him.

This morning id caught a glimpse of him as I was collecting our mail downstairs and he was just leaving the building, he didn't even look in my direction. Lydia and Jarred had both said were just both really stubborn people and therefore neither wants to apologise first.

I can assure you that won't be me.

Right now it was Thursday afternoon, I'd spent the majority of my day eating Doritos and watching vampire diaries, until Lyd disturbed me with a text.

Lydia: Emergency. Town NOW.

If ever your best friend texts you declaring an emergency you drop everything and go right? Because emergencies are serious, so there I was windswept and all, expecting to find her in a life or death situation, maybe someone had stole her clothes whilst trying things on, well imagine my surprise when I spot the lying bitch standing by the shoe section in Topshop, chatting animatedly with Becky (Jarred's sister).

"Took your time." She addressed me as I walked over to them. I ignored her for a second while I greeted Becky with a one armed hug.

"Why do you look like you've just had a fight with iron man on your way here?" Becky asked eyeing me skeptically.

"I took 2 fucking buses to get here, so what's the emergency?" I asked looking between them both. This had best be good, I'd abandoned Damon Salvatore for this so called emergency.

"Well..." she started "Jarred and Becky's rents are away on holiday, so we're throwing Lucas's birthday party there."

I was dragged away from Damon Salvatore to hear about Lucas Mitchell's birthday party? I had to ride two buses and run through the pouring rain, just for this? Was this a fucking joke?

"And that's an emergency how?" I asked slowly to which she rolled her eyes.

"Erm it's tomorrow, we need an outfit." She said as if it was obvious. "Come on Tia get with the programme."

"And why do I need to be here? I'm sure you're perfectly capable of finding yourself a pretty little dress, you're a grown up now." I said sarcastically whilst patting her shoulder.

"Remove your arm off me, who knows what germs you've caught from those buses," forever the snob, Lydia refused to ride on buses ever since a homeless man dribbled on her once, she showered 8 times that day.

I childishly rubbed my hands all over her denim jacket and stuck my tongue out at me. "If I die you die with me."

"Do that again and you will pissing die!" She growled shuddering in disgust.

"You guys are hilarious, damn I need to hang out with you two more this is very entertaining." Becky was finding our exchange rather amusing, she was nice enough girl and she always threw good parties so always a bonus.