Chapter Seventy Nine: ➰

NO CONTROL

*

A/N: id just like to thank each and everyone of you that has taken the time to read my story, the support and positive feedback has been overwhelming, I'm so grateful. Thank you so much.. enjoy my lovelies ❤️

Tia's POV

I placed my bag by the front door and entered the kitchen, where my parents were chatting amongst themselves. I took a seat at the table and not so gracefully, demolished not one but two rather large pancakes.

"What times your train?" My mother asked me, I didn't miss that look of disgust at my un ladylike behaviour. "Your father can take you there, on his way to work."

"Actually I'm not getting the train, a friend is picking me up."

"And does this friend have a full driving licence?" She remarked.

"Well obviously else they wouldn't be picking me up," I wasn't sure whether it would be Kyle or Jarred picking me up, I know Jarred has a license, wouldn't be surprised if Kyle didn't but drove around anyway.

"You're not too old for a slap young lady, lose the eye rolling its rude and disrespectful. Now have you packed everything?"

"Yes mother." Seriously? She does realise I'm a fully grown adult now right?

"Shall I double check?" I could see her itching to go and get my bag and rearrange everything, we had completely different methods. I throw things in and she folds.

"Mom seriously, my bag is fine."

"Just trying to be helpful Tia," she put her hands up in defence. "Shoot it's nearly 9, I have to go to work, please don't leave it to long before you visit us." Her face held a look of seriousness, so I made a mental note to come home regularly and spend time with them.

"I won't, bye Mom have a lovely day at work." I smiled, letting her embrace me in a bone crushing hug.

"Have a safe journey, text me when you get to your apartment." She said letting me go, then she turned to my dad. "I'll be in the car honey." He nodded and waited for her to leave the house.

"Are you sure you're ready to go back kiddo?" No probably not. But my mother was driving me insane, so I had to bite the bullet and cut my head space time short. Lydia was thrilled and more than willing to send one of them to come and pick me up.

I hope it's Kyle we have the best kind of carpool karaoke.

"Yeah I think so," I sighed. "I can't prolong it any longer I need to face reality."

My father kissed me on the head, "everything will work out just fine, you'll see. Now come and give your old man a proper hug." I laughed and stood to hug him, as my impatient mother beeped her horn outside the house.

"Love you dad." I shouted as he walked out of the front door.

"I love you too sweetheart and don't forget to follow your heart," he replied before I heard the front door slam shut and listened as they drove out of the driveway.

Now I just had to wait for my personal taxi to arrive, I expected it would be any time between now and lunchtime, Lydia hadn't given me many details from her text last night, in fact she was very vague.

From Lydia:
Your taxi will arrive tomorrow morning. I can't wait to c u when ur back :) x

I was more convinced it would be Kyle picking me up. Well I assumed if it was Jarred she would accompany him on the long journey to get here, but from what I could gather from her text, she planned to see me when I was back. Not that I minded either way, I was just grateful I didn't have to sit on a busy train full of sweaty strangers, and the fact I was saving a fortune by not forking out for train tickets was a bonus.