Chapter Seventy Five: ➰

IS THAT BASTARD JEALOUS?
*

Tia's POV

Two months later.

So much has changed these past couple of months, I've had to completely rebuild my life and nurse my broken heart, in my lonely home.

Life was shit.

Yes Lydia flew the nest and made home somewhere else, ok I'm hardly lonely she's across the hall, and there are some positives to living alone, like I can walk around naked if I really want to. As long as I remember to shut the curtains.

I have a new job, well kind of. I've been picking up the odd shift at Frankie's cafe, it doesn't pay as much as I had gotten used to at the club but it helped me get by, and Lydia was still paying halves to everything here because Jarred refused to make her pay a thing for living with him, and as much as I told her she didn't need to she insisted, and we all know not to argue with Lydia.

Plus I couldn't afford all the bills if she didn't help me, it's sad but it's true. I had nothing, I'd quit my university course and they refused to take me back, so working at Frankie's is the only thing I have. I'd avoided checking my bank balance, I couldn't bare the stress of the money I'd saved from working at the club running out, it hadn't declined yet so far so good.

I was going home in two days to spend Christmas with my parents, Jarred had kindly invited me over to his parents for dinner but I politely declined, plus I knew they were going for drinks with them at the manor Christmas night, and that was something I wasn't quite ready for.

As for Hunter..

Well you probably know more than me, the day I walked away from the church all those weeks ago was the last time I saw him, we'd had zero contact since, and I had no intention of contacting him anytime soon. We were officially over, I was no longer going to be his punch bag.

Don't get me wrong the first month was torture and kind of hard to remember, I drank myself into an oblivion for the first month, apparently he wasn't doing too good either, but that was no longer my problem. I had no clue whether he still blamed me for his father's death, I didn't speak about him, in fact I tried really hard to not even think about him.

This second month has gotten easier, I'd picked my life up and just got on with things,  I'd also stopped drinking, well not completely the odd weekend I'd have the odd little dabble. But Lydia no longer called me an alcoholic and this week I'd smiled and laughed with my friends, I'd definitely say that was progress.

Jarred and Lydia have been a blessing, the both of them have been there for me constantly, me and Jarred had developed a really great friendship, I had so much respect for him, I understand it's difficult for him it must be his best friend is the person that caused all this hurt and pain. But he somehow managed to balance it out, and I know that when he does meet up with him he does it away from my apartment so there's no chance of us bumping into each other.

I'd also met up with Abigail a few times, she wasn't doing so great, I sense a storm brewing. Abi had confided in me about some marriage issues they're having right now. Apparently Sam's values have changed, his priority is her brother and they're constantly out partying or doing business, to say she feels a little pushed away is an understatement. Thankfully Kyle was helping her with her issues. Another person in Hunter's crowd I'd become really close to.

We both loved someone we couldn't have, even though the circumstances were complete opposite ends of the scale, it didn't matter. We both hold pain and it was easy to talk about with him. After all we were both having to get over a Blake, we had plenty in common.