Chapter Sixty: ➰

A TASTE OF HEAVEN

*

Tia's POV

Safe to say I was never going to take a few days off work ever again, the never ending paperwork that was stacked on my desk was pure torture. I was so engrossed with order forms and upcoming events I didn't even notice my best friend entering the office, until she placed a steaming cup of coffee in front of me.

"You are a babe, you know that right?" I told her, picking up the cup and taking a sip.

"Oh I know." She winked. "So do you want to spill?"

No I didn't want to spill my drink. Was she on drugs? Noticing my confusion she elaborated. "Last night? How did being stubborn go? I hope you kicked him to the kerb and made him grovel, to be honest I was expecting him to be lingering around all day with puppy dog eyes!"

Oh yeah being stubborn. I laughed nervously and scratched the back of my head. "I tried to be stubborn I really did." I defended. "But he said really nice words and I crumbled!"

Lydia placed her hands on her hips. "I knew you couldn't do it!"

"He basically admitted falling for me." I admitted the grin stretching across my face.

"Hardly news, I could of told you that weeks ago, so did you say those three little words?" She asked.

"No I didn't. I don't intend to either. He can be the first to say it, I refuse."

"You'll be waiting a long time, this is Hunter we're talking about, took him how long to admit he wanted a relationship to you for gods sake!" She stated. We were both too stubborn to say it.

"Well I'm not saying it first!" I declared. "It has to be the guy."

Right?

"Anyway." She dragged out, plonking her ass in the chair on the opposite side of my desk and making herself comfortable, I raised my eyebrows at her, I'm almost positive there were a million things that needed doing in the bar, but nonetheless I was grateful of the company it gets awfully lonely shut away in here. "Seems to be all kicking off in the meeting room, I've heard lots of raised voices."

Hmm interesting, Hunter was currently holding his weekly meeting with his most trusted guys in the meeting room. Oh how I'd love to be a fly on the wall right now.

The phone on my desk started to ring, I hated this bloody phone it was starting to become a pain in my ass, because there were no nice courtesy calls in this office, oh no it's normally something stressful, someone wants me to do something or someone is complaining, oh and the occasional hoe looking to get a personal interview with the boss himself.

Over my dead body.

So I put on my fakest smile and poshest voice and picked up the receiver. "Hello. Blake office, how may I help you?"

"Tia? What fucking accent is that?"

I groaned as the voice on the other land was finding major amusement in my telephone voice.

"Are you really calling me from the bar? You know it's only like ten steps to the office, don't you?" I asked, my voice laced with sarcasm.

He only chuckled in response. "Ah there she is! There's the attitude we all know and love. Anyway please tell your best friend that I know she probably thinks she gets priveledges being your bezzie and all that, but there's a delivery here and I ain't lifting all those boxes by myself! Unless she gives me a date with her boyfriend then maybe I'll consider it."