Chapter Thirty Nine: ➰

TEQUILA?

Hunter POV

I threw off the headphones and stood to my feet pacing across our living area, three pairs of eyes staring at me expectantly. Fucking Liam landed me right in the shit. I had every intention of telling her what my dad had told me about the war between the two families, but with all the Lucas shit it completely slipped my mind.

Now I really will look like a dick.

It's not just something you can blurt out in mid conversation. "Hunter if there's anything you haven't told her, you have to tell her today." Lydia spoke up.

"Oh hey T that family murdered my mother so in return we murdered theirs."

How the hell could I tell her that? And if I didn't tell her then I risk losing her. Jarred was waving the headphones at me telling me to listen with a smirk on his face. I grabbed my pair and stuck them back on my ears, it was her voice, was she defending me?

I didn't know whether to be thrilled with the idea that she addressed us as 'we' and basically said we'd put up a fight together, or feel like an absolute dick for getting her in the middle of this, she deserves a better life than the one I can offer.

As much as I hated this Leo kid, I removed the headphones once again and gave them their privacy as they said goodbye. I didn't need to listen to that, and neither did these guys. I gave Jarred a look, he followed my actions and removed his, Jarred whispered something to Lydia she didn't remove the headphones.

"If you think for one second I'm missing the gossip, you can think again." She said "plus who else is gonna inform you if they share a goodbye smooch." She was full on smirking now.

I ignored her completely and instead looked at my best friend. "You need to find a new girlfriend," I muttered so only he could hear me.

"She ain't going anywhere." He announced proudly. "And neither is your girl."

I felt selfish for seeing the happier side to all this I was absolutely loving the fact that Tia was now addressing us as we when in reality I should be telling her to take Leo's advice and run for the hills, but I couldn't I wanted her by my side at all times. With her by my side I feel like I can conquer the world, and that's dangerous.

But then there's the other side to it, none of us are stupid we all know something big is coming and we cant keep pretending like it isn't , we had no bulletproof plan, the Jones family could strike any moment and we'd be none the wiser. Although the old man being ill was probably biding us some time.

We could hear voices in the hall suggesting that he was finally leaving, thank god for that. I hope his plane crashes on the way. How dare he try and put the blame on me when his family started this whole fucking mess. I could hear chattering in the hall way so I decided it was time to intervene. I grabbed the rubbish bag that I'd purposely left by the door just in case and opened my front door without even giving the others chance to stop me, as the door opened it revealed Tia and Leo stood saying there goodbyes, his arms were wrapped around her.

He can move those fucking hands right now.

"Goodbye Tia." Her arms had released him as she noticed me her eyes as wide as saucers, he of course lingered with his arms still wrapped firmly around her, still oblivious of my presence.

"Hello neighbour, fancy seeing you out here." I smirked, making him finally turn around. "Leo my man how are you?"

"It's liam." He seethed, not impressed with the sight of me at all.