Chapter Forty Two: ➰

BLAST FROM THE PAST

*

Hunter's POV

"Get the door mate."

"You get the fucking door." I told him, did I look like his fucking slave?

"How much you betting it's the girls and they've ran out of alcohol." He said getting up and walking towards the door, this time the door knocked again and it sounded like the door would fall through.

"Definitely ran out of alcohol." I agreed. The door opened to a furious looking Becky stood there panting for breath. She invited herself in shoving her brother as she did so.

"How long does it take to open a bloody door." She panted trying to control her breathing.

"Yeah come on in Rebecca." Jarred said rather sarcastically. She glared in return.

"You need to come over." She said seriously looking at me. "It's Tia." Was all she said before turning on her heel and walking back over to the girls apartment. I shot to my feet and darted across the hall, Jarred close behind.

As I entered I did a quick scan of the room, there was no sign of Tia anywhere. "What's going on?" I asked calmly. She gestured for me to step further into the apartment, I did so and when I could see over the sofa I noticed the problem.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked my voice full of panic, Lydia's face was pale and worried. Something was wrong. I darted over brushing the hair away from her face as she slept peacefully on Lydia's lap, her face red and blotchy, she's been crying.

"Help me get her to bed." She said, I didn't need to be told twice, I lifted her slowly in my arms and carried her into her room laying her down gently on the bed, being careful not to wake her as we tucked her into bed.

"What the fucks going on?" I whispered harshly. She put her finger to her lips ushering me to follow her out of the room, when we reached the living room Jarred opened his mouth.

"Have you told him?" He said harshly, ok if he was worried, I was definitely fucking worried.

"Can someone please tell me what the fuck is going on before I lose my shit!" I was careful to keep my voice low so that we didn't wake her.

"I can show you." She said to me but gave Jarred the filthiest of looks. Lydia walked over to the table and picked up a phone, Tia's phone, she tapped the screen a couple of times and passed it me, it was on her messages. I snatched the phone and immediately read over what she was showing me.

"Fuck!" I cursed, pacing the room slightly, the anger was building up inside of me. How fucking dare he! A few broken bones obviously did nothing for him, let's see how death treats him.

"She's absolutely petrified." Lydia whispered. "I don't know whether the alcohol is making the whole situation worse but you didn't see her she was so scared."

I knew it I knew it would only be a matter of time before before the reality of the situation smacked her in the face, pushing your emotions to one side never benefited anyone. Yet we were all guilty of doing it.

"Do you think the alcohol made things worse?" I asked her. Lydia nodded to say yes. "She's been known in the past to get emotional when she drinks wine, or it can be the totally opposite and she turns complete psycho. But neither are good." Jesus remind me never to give her wine.

"But I do think she is generally is scared that at some point one of us will turn our heads and boom there's Lucas's opening." Ok miss Marple, that wouldn't be happening. There was no chance id let him even in sight of her.