Chapter Twenty Five ➰

SPACE

*

Tia POV

The next two days passed by in a blur, I didn't go to work Monday or Tuesday, I phoned in sick telling Frankie I had really bad menstrual cramps, Lydia and the rest of them were also told this, and I'd spent the last two days locked away in my room. Only speaking to people if I really had to.

Truth was I was absolutely fine, health wise anyway.

Physically, mentally and emotionally I was drained, severely drained, my life had completely flipped in the space of a few weeks, all since I interacted with a certain male named Hunter.

I hadn't spoken to said male since our last interaction on Sunday. I had no intention of changing that any time soon either. He hadn't bombarded me with calls, he'd given me the space that I asked for. The only thing he did do was send a text Sunday night...

From: Hunter
I will give you space. When you're ready to talk T you know where I am.

I wasn't ready. I don't think I'd ever be ready.

Things were awkward, Lydia had kind of suggested that there was clearly something off between me and Hunter, I just didn't elaborate and she eventually dropped it. Jarred however was clearly clued up, he was nervous whenever Lydia had him round, he didn't know how to act around me, probably scared shitless that I'd spill the beans to Lydia.

As much I wanted to I didn't, not because I'm a bad friend but because Hunter was right, this could damage their relationship severely and it wasn't my place to do that, Jarred held the responsibility to tell her when the time is right. Although I'm probably still going to be the worst person in the world when she finds out that I knew, but hey we'll face the consequences later. I was hoping they'd tell her sooner rather than later.

So today was Wednesday Lydia had gone back home to see her mum for a couple of days, meaning I could live in self pity in peace and quiet. Maybe I'd leave the house and do something productive, oh no I can't because I might die, literally. Who knows what crazy stuff Hunter's enemies might try next.

So I'd put my comfiest pj's on, ordered myself a huge pizza which I was currently demolishing and prepared myself for a night of gossip girl episodes and my own thoughts. I needed to figure out how I felt about this whole situation. Pizza was the only thing to see me through.

Until I was interrupted by the loud knock on my door. I trod quietly so I could sneakily take a peek through the peep hole.

Maybe I could pretend that I wasn't in.

"Tia open the door." I jumped back. "I know you can hear me, please just open the door."

"Tell him to go fuck himself sending you to try and sweet talk me round, no chance." I responded rather snappy.

"Tia please, he has no idea I'm here, I want to talk to you not because I've been sent but because I actually want too, just hear me out?" Oh so he was giving me space, one part of me really wanted the space but another part of me actually questioned why he was rolling over and not fighting for me to be his 'friend'.

I opened the door and Jarred gave me a small smile as he entered and followed me to the sofa. "How are you? Stupid question really." That was it I broke, the tears streaming down my face. Jarred placed his arms around me and stroked my hair as he tried to calm my emotional state.