Chapter Fourteen ➰

LIAR LIAR

*

Tia's POV

It was safe to say our plan was a total train wreck, we didn't even make it past the front desk. What the hell was I even thinking? Why can't I just keep my god damn nose out of things that don't concern me.

You're a nosey bitch that's why.

"ID please ladies," a tall bald headed man approached us, waiting expectantly for us to show some sort of identification. I looked at Lydia who had visibly paled. "It's membership only."

Of course it was.

I laughed nervously. "You see my friend and I are new to the area and we're hoping to sign up to your lovely place here and learn how to get fit," Lydia nodded in agreement, totally rolling with yet another one of my crazy back up plans that I make up on the spot.

"Good one." He chuckled. "Head left when you leave here there's a woman's gym just down the street, this isn't the place for the pair of you." I was curious to know why it wasn't suitable for likes of us.

I tried to ignore how sexist he was being right now, "look we'll cause you no trouble, and we're willing to pay good money aren't we Lydia?" I looked over to her, trying to encourage her to help me out a little, she only shrugged.

"We're not taking on any new members at the moment," bald man told us, "I'm sure the other gym will be more accommodating for your needs."

"But we've heard such great things about this one," Lydia interrupted trying to reason with him, he stood there all scary looking with his arms folded across his chest, he wasn't budging that's for sure.

"Look memberships are only authorised through a one to one basis with the boss, and the boss isn't available right now. I would love to know who has been discussing this place with you and telling you how great it is though?"

Abort mission. I repeat abort mission, this guy looked like he was about to eat us, and he was definitely gonna run back to Hunter and tell him we'd been here. A simple description of our outfits and Hunter and Jarred would know we'd been here.

Now I really would look like a psycho stalker bitch.

"Ok I lied," Lydia tried to cover up, "I haven't heard anything about this gym, but it's so close to my house, I happened to stumble across it whilst walking my dog and thought oh this is perfect." She doesn't even have a dog, but I liked her enthusiasm.

"Do you usually walk your dog across an industrial site?" He asked skeptically, he had a point it's not exactly the place to be walking your dog.

"We're new to the area, my sister and I..." she pointed at me, "we took a wrong turn, we were looking for the park," that's it you drag me down with you. We were polar opposites, he'd never believe we were sisters.

"Like I said this isn't the right place for you, and we're not taking on any new members, we're full." He walked us over to the door, practically throwing us out, he made sure to lock the door once we were outside, glaring at us through the glass.

I groaned in annoyance and stomped my way over to a small wall nearby, so that I could sit down Lydia followed suit.

"Well that backfired." I muttered.