Chapter Twelve ➰

CLOSURE

*

Tia's POV

Today was Monday, meaning it was my first shift at Frankie's cafe, after being given a short induction throughout the morning, I'd now been let loose behind the counter serving customers.

All in all it hadn't been a disaster. Now I didn't want to blow my own trumpet but I was kinda alright at all of this, the customers loved me and my fantastic service.

Frankie had been through the work rota with me, and suggested I pick up shifts whenever I wanted, and I could have whatever days off I wanted, she said it was to ensure I still had my social life and my education, like a girl my age should. Isn't she just the best boss ever?

"A latte for you sir," I announced politely as I placed the guys latte on the counter, for the man I was currently serving. Taking his drink and handing me the cash he took a seat at one of the empty tables, the lunchtime rush was over and the place was finally starting to quiet down.

So far so good. I surprised myself by remaining calm through all the madness, seriously did every Tom, Dick and Harry decide to spend their lunchtime at Frankie's today or something. You could go as far as saying I was having a rather good day, that was until then next customer approached, it went completely downhill from there.

I wanted the ground to swallow me up, and NEVER spit me back up.

My whole body stilled as I glanced up and noticed who it was, my face automatically turned into a scowl, he had some nerve showing his face here.

I looked over his shoulder, shocked to not see his sidekick. Maybe she died. I hope it was tragic. It's very tragic when I dream of it.

Keep calm Tia, breathe.

I really wish I could get away with dragging him over this counter and pouring red hot coffee all over him, because believe me that was the only thing running through my mind.

"Welcome to Frankie's, what can I get you?" I gritted out through clenched teeth, he also froze. I should ask Frankie to ban him, I could tell them I caught him trying to steal, that way I never have to see his face in here again.

"Tia." His eyes widened.

"what can I get you?" I asked in a bored tone. Just order your drink and fuck off back to where you came from, maybe get hit by a bus while you're there.

"Just a coffee to take away, thanks. Since when do you work here anyway?" He asked looking around.

"That's £1.20" I stated bluntly, I couldn't even bring myself to look at him, he disgusts me. He nodded and took the change from his wallet and handed it over, his hand lingering on mine, I snatched the money and slammed it into the till.

Now fuck off.

"Tia, please can we talk?"

Could we talk? Was he for real? It's been how long and now he's ready to talk, this had to be a joke. I ignored his request and proceeded to make his drink, after all I know exactly how he likes it. Plenty of milk with one sugar. So I made him a black coffee with 6 sugars. I handed it over to him, I hope he chokes on it.