Kakashi Hatake

"I've been around longer than you have, kid. And I've seen my share of troubles. You're not the only one who knows what it's like to lose somebody. It looks like neither of us has led a charming life, have we? Still, it's not that bad. At least you and I have been lucky enough to find new comrades to help fill the void."

"Forget about revenge. The fate of those who seek revenge is grim. It's tragic, You will end up suffering and hurting yourself even more. Even if you do succeed in getting revenge, the only thing that remains is emptiness."

"The hole in one's heart gets filled by others around you. Friends won't flock to someone who abandons the memory of his friends and gives up on the world just because things don't go the way he wants them to. That won't help fill the hole in your heart. And people won't help those who run away and do nothing. As long as you don't give up, there will always be salvation."

"In the shinobi world, those that break the written and unwritten rules are deemed trash... but be that as it may... Those that would desregard their comrades so easily are even worse than trash. And those who don't have the decency to respect the memories of their comrades are the worst."

*to Sakumo* "Regardless of what happened, you did the best you could. I understand that now...you broke the rules for all our sakes - I'm proud of you now..."

"The people from this village are different from your average village. Even if it means dying, there's not a single one of us, who would sell out a comrade."

"This place makes me think about the mistakes I've made in the past... and I've made a lot."

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward."

"I'm Kakashi Hatake. Things I like and things I hate...I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future...never really thought about it. As for my hobbies...I have lots of hobbies"

"He's always trying his best to get people to acknowledge him...For that dream, he'd risk his life at anytime...He's probably sick and tired of crying, He knows what it really means to be strong. Just like your father."

"The next generation will always surpass the previous one. It's one of those never-ending cycles in life."

"Sasuke, you're more than just your clan, you're more than just hatred. Look deep inside your heart once more."

"You can not open the mind of another if you do not have an open mind yourselves."

"Sakura... You were aiming to kill Sasuke all by yourself, weren't you...? There's no need... For you to bear such a heavy burden. It is MY shame... As your teacher and team 7 leader, to have caused the rift between you."

"Sakura... I said something irresponsible to you in an effort to put you at ease... Perhaps I was trying to convince myself... I'm sorry I'm such a bad teacher..."

"I will take on what would have been your burden. Well, that IS my role, after all."

"I'm glad you were Naruto's first adversaries." *about Haku & Zabuza

"Zabuza you hesitated to slice through Haku. You couldn't hide the unrest in your heart over Haku's death. But things are different today. You're just an emotionless tool of evil. SO! LET'S JUST GET THIS SENSELESS FIGHT OVER WITH!"

'Your manners of death and your tears. They demonstrated your bond to each other.'

"As a shinobi, I've got plenty to protect too. I need to protect the manner of death for Zabuza and Haku! Especially since I was and am again their final enemy. What do you think, Naruto?"