Hikaru Hitachiin

"(To Kaoru) Even if I searched the world over, no one could compare to you."

"Button it, otaku!"

"It's the "which one is Hikaru?" game."

"Has a world composed of "us" and "not us"... Been invaded at last?"

"I just don't know what to do anymore. If Kaoru started to hate me, I..."

"This must be karma. Because I didn't think about Kaoru's feelings and did a lot of insensitive things."

"I like Haruhi... She's the first girl I allowed to come between us. But, it's not because I love her... Or because I want her all to myself. I've been upset that Milord and Haruhi are getting closer. So when I saw you and Haruhi together... I got really upset at you too."

"Kaoru, um... If having people tell us apart is the first step toward independence, it's a simple thing. We just have to change the way we look on the outside. We should have done something like this sooner. We'd always blamed other people for not being able to tell us apart... But maybe the reality is that we don't put forth the effort so others could see the difference. If all we needed to do is something as simple as this, I'm happy to do it. And if you want, I'm happy to have seperate rooms too. Even at the club, we can each entertain guests on our own as well. BUT... NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE THE FACT THAT WERE TWINS!!"

"I thought about it all night... And I remembered something that Milord once said. Kaoru... You're wrong. It may be true that we can't continue on as we have before... Because if I'm dependant on you, nobody will take me seriously, least of all Haruhi. But to kill our emotions like this... And force ourselves to live seperate lives isn't the only way to become independent, is it? Kaoru... We are twins! We share something really lucky and rare. Even the future, which most people face alone... We can face together. It's not a bad thing. From now on, we will influence each other and continue to grow individually. As long as we don't forget this... OUR FUTURE WILL BE MANY TIMES MORE EXCITING THAN THAT OF MOST PEOPLE. So we will remain close... Because if we don't... There would be no point being born as twins."

"You don't abuse and use people for your own convenience."

"Nothing can be communicated without words but if you really care about someone, even the smallest details are important to notice."

"Yes, I'm the nice twin, but this conversation bores me. Go play in traffic, please."

"Well, I don't see what's so funny. I'm honest, I speak my mind, and I don't hold back. It's sneaky people like Kaoru who are the troublemakers."

"That's why, I want Kaoru to put his happiness first and stop worrying about leaving me behind."

"Our mom put us in one of those *points to dresses* when we were little. We still get called 'her darling little girls' at our family reunions."

"Hey, boss! Why don't you stop eating that commoners ramen and come over to help us with the party planning."

"You know what, I think both of us would be a little peeved if we had to watch all the guys flirt with her."

"Doesn't she fail as a herione for not being scared of anything at all?"

"Kaoru, you didn't... Was it all an act? So that I could approach Haruhi without worrying about you? That's why you acted that way... Even at the amusement park... You stupid idiot!! Did you think doing that would make me happy? And how do you think Haruhi feels?! You used her! You've acted much more selfishly than I ever did!!"