Sugawara Koushi

"In tough situations and when our recieves are in dissaray the last ball is entrusted to the ace. I know that. I understand it, but to toss the ball to Asahi when he isn't waiting for it again, and force him up against 3 blockers..."

"Let me toss the ball to you one more time, Asahi."

"The ace is waiting. He's calling for the toss. A high toss that's a bit of a distance from the net. Asahi's forte, which I have tossed to him time and time again. It's a simple toss, but I'm as careful as possible with it."

"For us 3rd years, there is no "next year". We want to win as many times as possible. We want a ticket to continue onward to the next stop. If we can acheive that with Kageyama rather than me, then I think you should choose him without hesitation."

"I've played alongside Daichi and Asahi since we were 1st years. I want to stand with them on the court, for as many plays as possible."

"Karasuno isn't a powerhouse, but we aren't that weak, either. Up to now, even though there were capable talented guys here, we weren't able to properly combine their strengths. But we'll get everyone together again, add in the strengths of the 1st years... And if we combine all of that fighting power..."

"That's right. The present Karasuno has "the strongest decoy"... If the combo of Hinata and Kageyama is here, then I'm sure even spikes which haven't been successful up to now will defitnetly connect...!"

'Compared to Kageyama, I'm inferior in both technique and physical ability, but I have spent just a little more time watching the team. If it were "me" vs. Aobajousai, I would be absolutely no match, but "my comrades" are undeniably strong.'

"But now that I'm on the court, the enemies are giants, and their spikes are directed right at me. Honestly, it scares me. Before, I would have let it affect me, but now, you've got my back. I feel really confident."

"The points we get when I'm on the court, and the points we get when you're on the court -all together, they're points for Karasuno."

"I'll fight my best, and you'll fight your best. That's how we're going to defeat Seijoh!"

"Slowly, I feel like I'm being strangled. Yet, strangely, I feel calm because panic hasn't affected my concentration just yet. That's because our goal is so clear in front of us."

"It's a bit frustrating, but Hinata's face when he hits my toss isn't the same as when he hits your toss."

"Every player feels the same pride about the fact that they're going to be on the court, no matter whether they're some genius or just a regular guy."

"Sensei, I don't play volleyball for merit."

'My weapon is being "firm and steady". But even I can learn and try something else.'

'I don't like tipping... It's scary. It's the same with spiking. When you do something outside the role of your position, you'll be scared that you'll fail, and you don't want to try anymore. But how will you win if you don't keep moving forward? This is Karasuno's relentless offence!!'

'I was glared at by the referee...'

"We're counting on you, Hinata! Make sure you get them back for all the times you get hit!"

"Man, people who hate to lose can be scary. It's not good for my heart."

"We did it. We got our revenge. But then again... I do wish my tosses could've played a part in the victory."

"It's nice to see their overwhelming aura of intimidation is as strong as ever..."

"Well, I don't really know the exact details of what happened, but there's one thing that is for certain... The Kageyama of now... Is a person who understands and is open to "the possibility that I could be wrong." It's probably... Something he was forced to realize after getting such harsh feedback from his teammates back in middle school."

"Look at that smirk on his face."

"... Feels like he's... Really grown."

"He does seem like the type to take you out fishing for crayfish on a date!"*about noya*

In other words, In Hinata's mind, Kageyama holds the position of "the strongest player."

Because for you, he's the "strongest enemy". But now he's become the "strongest ally".

"... To recieve a toss from a setter... Is a normal thing for us, but for Hinata it's something special."

"... I'm... A setter just like you,so I was nervous... Watching you in the match last year. Senses and ball control better than anyone else! And above all... You calmly saw through the opposing blockers movements and made decisions accordingly!!... Those were all things I didn't have. For you, who have technique, probably more than enough willingness, and above all... "Excellent eyes which see everything around you", there is absolutely no way you can't see your comrades!!"