Tomoya Okazaki

"I wonder if anything will ever change? Will that day ever come?"

"All you have to do is find other fun and happy things. It's not so hard."

"I was only living because it was too much trouble to die. I got up in the morning, went to work, I ate dinner, and then I went to sleep at night. It was like my body was doing it out of habit."

"You shouldn't hold back your tears. You should let it all out while you still can... Because when you get bigger sometimes you can't cry even if you have something to cry about."

"I couldn't help laughing the moment I saw him. Actually, I think that was the first time I laughed since I came to this school. He might have looked stupid, but it was the kind of stupid I wanted in on."

"If I'm around you, I don't think I'll ever be bored."

"The days I spent with you were a lot of fun. I realized for the first time that it makes me so happy to be needed by others. I thought I'd get along well with you like this. But I can't. I was being a jerk. While I was with you, I was looking at someone else. I kept it to myself even after realizing that. I was taking advantage of your kindness."

"The city is changing. Our surroundings, and even ourselves. And then one day, just about everything will change…"

"What are you so hesitant about? It’s your dream, isn’t it? It’s right in front of you and you’re wavering? You gotta be reckless, and take whatever you can!"

"You are who you are. You have to do what you can."

"Do not lose to the obstacles that you will meet in the future. I have my own set of goals but do not pursue them because of my laziness."

"I want to take her to many places. I want to see her smile. I want to do so many things with her."

"The fact that I met her, the fact that we fell in love, that we got married, the fact that we had a baby... It was all one big mistake I couldn't take back."

"Don't worry, you'll be safe with me. Just trust me..."

"And so, again, another same old day ends. With no particular objective, and nothing to feel passionate about. Just another unexceptional day."

"Nagisa, I finally found it. Something only I can protect. And it was right here all this time."