Viktor Nikiforov

"Yuuri, starting today, I'm your coach. I'll make you win the Grand Prix Final."

"You have to do the opposite of what people expect. How else will you surprise them? That's my motto. Actually you're both far more ordinary and mediocre than you think. You need to be more self-aware. I'm surprised you think you can choose your own image. From the audience perspective, you're just a piglet and a kitten."

"It's up to you whether you win or not. If I skated the program, I'd win for sure."

"How can someone who can't motivate others motivate himself ?"

'Skaters' hearts are as fragile as glass. If they're so fragile, then...Let's try shattering Yuuri's into pieces.'

"This was the only thing I could think of to surprise you more than you've surprised me."

"It's almost like a marriage proposal."

'When I get away from skating, two L words come to mind, Life and Love. I've been neglecting both for over twenty years.'

'Yuuri's life and love have taught me about a brand new world that I'd never known before.'

'If I'd stayed in Russia as a competitor, Yurio wouldn't be this motivated to fight. And, neither would I...'

'Yuuri, you may not have realized this but many others besides me got their L words from you.'

"No one in the whole wide world knows your true eros, Yuri. It maybe an alluring side of you that you yourself are unaware of. Can you show me what it is soon?"

"I'll satisfy you for sure!"

'I can't remember when I last spent this much time with Maccachin. Every day, I've been able to bathe in a bath bigger than any tub, and I can eat all the delicious pork cutlet bowls I want. Yuri's life and love have taught me a brand new world that I'd never known before.'

"Wow! Amazing!"

"Yuri, tell me everything about you. What kind of rink do you skate at? What's in this city? Is there a girl you like? Before we start practicing, let's build trust in our relationship."

Hasetsu Castle! Let me see! Let me see! Hashtag "#ninja"!

"Judging from that look, I'm guessing I forgot some promise I made."

"Yuri, do you know why I decided to become your coach? I was drawn to you because of the music... The way you skate like your body is creating music. I want to create a high-difficult program to maximize that. Only I can do that. That's the gut feeling I had..."

"I'd never thought I'd leave that city, so I never used to notice the seagulls' cries. Do you ever have times like that?"

"Yuri, you're not weak. No one else thinks that, either. What do you want me to be to you? A father figure? A brother, then? A friend? Then, your boyfriend, I guess. I can try my best."

"Seduce me with all you have. If your performance can charm me, you can enthrall the entire audience."

'I wonder who he takes after, to be so rebellious toward his coach... Oh... It's me! If I were Yakov, it'd be an instant lecture. And I've done that, too, but...'

"Hey, hey... Want to come eat hot pot with us? Hey, why are you ignoring me?"*to yakov*

"Ask Yakov anything you don't understand. If you're in trouble just hug him, and he'll help you. Sorry, Yuri. Even if I'm not here, I'll always be with you in spirit."

'When Yuri's searching for an answer, his eyes sparkle, even if he doesn't say anything. He's looking for something right now, like a dowsing rod. I'll just watch over him without making conversation.'

"Sure. I'll say something you won't even have to think about. Tomorrow, show me the skating that you can honestly say you liked best."

'I have absolute faith in what you decide, Yuri.'

"Yeah, don't get the wrong idea. This is an engagement ring. We'll get married once he wins a gold medal. Right, Yuri?"

'Yuri doesn't doubt his decisions anymore. And yet, I feel like my own heart is about to explode.'

'When I approached every program like new beginning, I could always surprise everyone. But that also held me back... "I can only find new strength on my own." That's what I always thought. Now I can feel new emotions flowing into me through Yuri.'

"How can you tell me to return to the ice while saying you're retiring?!"

"Having both Yuri's beat my records is the ultimate bliss as your choreographer and coach, but it's the ultimate diss as a competitor."