Edward Elric

"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary, you can't gain something without losing something first... Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle... Yeah... A Fullmetal Heart."

"No matter how big the place is, we'll eventually reach the edge if we keep moving forward."

"We're going to be moving forward! If we move forward, we'll get stronger, both physically and mentally."

"We're not Demons or Gods. We're just humans."

"Maybe life has no equal trade, maybe you can give up all you got, and get nothing back. Even if I can't prove it's true, I have to try, for your sake, Al."

"The cycle of life goes only one direction, not even alchemy can change that."

"I can't tell you that… You have to figure it out. Stand up and walk. Keep moving forward. You've got two good legs. So get up and use them. You're strong enough to make your own path."

"Revenge that involves unrelated people isn’t valid at all. All he’s doing is hiding his vengeful hate with the title of God’s representative and acting sublime."

"How can you move forward if you keep regretting the past?"

"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there, that lives outside of ourselves and our dreams."

"Now I see. You're Jealous. You're jealous of humans, aren't you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than Homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you're envious of that."

"I'm not short, I just live in a big world."

"I think people should try to ignore their race, and just treat each other as equals."

"I'm not short! I'm fun-sized!"

"Even your gravest mistakes shouldn't stop you from moving forward."

"There are always things more important than someone's dream..."

"There's no way I'm dying before you do, you morally bankrupt Colonel with a God complex."

"Don't look away, Rose! You need to see what happens when you try to bring a human to life, when you cross into God's territory or whatever the hell it is! Is this what you want?! Look!!"

"This pain's nothing...compared to what he's given up..."

"You know, it's funny. Every crook I meet wants to tell me how much I'm just like them. But there's a big difference between you and me and the burdens we bear."