Shoto Todoroki

"If you wanna stop this, then stand up! Because I've got one thing to say to you! Never forget who you want to become!" *to Iida*

"Never using my bastard of a father's quirk... No... By rising to the top without using it... I'll have denied him everything."

"I haven't put aside anything. As if I could be turned that easily. It's just... In that moment, that instant... I forgot all about you. Whether that's good, bad, or something in between... That's something I'll have to think about."

'Ever since your brother got taken down... I've had my eye on you. Because all that building resentment was written on your face. I know that when I see it. And I know just how much grudges like that... Can cloud a person's vision.'

"Should we have let people die, all in the name of your "law"?! Isn't it a hero's job to save people?"

"Get a hold of yourself. You're an adult aren't you?"

"Midoriya. Objectively speaking... I'm stronger than you. More capable. All Might's got his eye on you, doesn't he. Now I'm not about to pry into why that is, but... I will beat you."

"So... Are you All Might's illegitimate child or something?"

"Raising me as a hero who could exceed All Might, just to fulfill his own ambitions. I hate it! Being no more than a tool for that human garbage. As I remember it, mom was always crying... "I can't stand to see that left side of yours"... She said, before throwing scalding water in my face."

'Bring your best, Midoriya. I'm taking you down.'

"I'll win with mom's power alone. I'll never use your power in battle."

"I hate him, mommy... I... I don't wanna be like daddy. Someone who bullies my mommy. I don't wanna be like that."

*to Todoroki* "But you want to be a hero, right? That's fine. You're not... Bound by his blood. You decide... Who you want to become."

"I thought you wanted to win? Dammit... So why're you trying to inspire me? Which one of us isn't taking this seriously now? But I... Wanna be a hero too!"

"Midoriya... Thank you."

'I'm sorry Bokugo. Since I fought Midoriya, I just don't know... What I should do... Whether or not what I'm doing is right... I'm not sure about anything anymore.'

'My very existence drove her away. That's why... I never went to her. I know that my mother's been... My... And my father's prisoner this whole time. So I, with all I've got... With my whole spirit... I'll say "I want to be a hero" again. I'll tell her that. There's so much I have to say. Even if she's not asking for it. I'll save her. That's... My starting line.'

"No... Hero's also have times when they cry... Maybe."

'Ever since that day, I thought my presence would put pressure on mom, so I never went to see her. I'm sure she continues to be bound by me... By dad... That's why, in order to aim to become a hero again with this body, with everything I have... In order to become my ideal hero, I need to see her and talk to her... There's so much we need to talk about... Even if she doesn't want it, I will rescue her from here. That is my starting line. That is how I feel.'

"I feel... Kind of bad... I feel like if I get involved... Other people mess up their hands... Is it a curse? I'm like "The Hand Crusher" or something."