Houtarou Oreki

"I don't care if no one likes me. I wasn't created in this world to entertain everyone."

"People remember their high school days as the high point of their lives. People say these things because everyone holds fond memories of their time in high school; however, I doubt that every high school student would want to remember their school life that way. For example, if neither studying, nor sports, nor socializing are of interest to someone, what then? What if there are students who prefer to keep a low profile? Though I guess that would be a pretty lonely way to live."

"The best way to tame a mystery is with another mystery."

"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am."

"I'm not against socializing, so long as it's not tiring."

"I'm not lazy, I'm just conserving energy."

"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."

"You're good at what you do, but you need to work on how you do it."

"Those who expend great energy in their lives, I salute you."

"If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask a stupid question."

"But I do have plans. Napping."

"Well, I'm sure that even if we don't find the truth, it'll become history to you eventually."

"They're different. I can never be like them."