Isuzu "Rin" Sohma

"Haru UNDERSTOOD me. He CARED for me. He LOVED me. That's why... That's exactly why..."

"I... I... I wish I had been born as HARU'S HEART. Because then I could always be with you. If you DIED, Haru... I would die with you."

"The other members of the zodiac seemed to have so much pain... But I'm DIFFERENT. Papa and mama are DIFFERENT. We always have fun. We're always smiling and happy. It was just like... We were inside a PLAY. With just that... One question... The play... Came to an end. Even though... They hated me... Even though... I was a burden... They PUSHED themselves. They were ALWAYS pushing themselves. They pushed themselves... And in the end... They BROKE... And could never... Go back. They said... They didn't really want me... I'm scared. Haru... I'm scared. I'M SO SCARED... I CAN'T TAKE IT! I'll never forget that feeling, every time I entered my house... That feeling... Of praying with all my heart. Of wondering if they were in a good mood... Or if they still hated me. I told myself I'd wait until it passes. Like a "thing" without feelings. Like a stone. Until the day, someday... When they'll... Forgive me. You will... Forgive me, won't you? We can go back... To the way things were, can't we?"

"It's Haru. I feel like... I haven't seen his face in a long time. Before this happened... There were a few times we played together. His white, soft hair-- when I told him I liked it... His blank expression was so cute."

"Why...? How can she say things like that... So easily? If we hear that... From our parents, what are we supposed to do?" *Rin talking about how her mother told her not to come home anymore and how Rin's mom doesn't know how to love her anymore.*

"My parents... Never came to see me at the hospital after that. And likewise, I never went back to my parents again. Just like that... My home...was GONE."

"I didn't hate ANY of that. When I was with Haru, I didn't feel any agony."

"I like you Haru. I'm no good without you, Haru. When you're gone, Haru, I'm so uneasy, I can't keep myself together. It HAS to be YOU haru. Leaning on you... Relying on you... Wanting you, Haru wanting EVERYTHING about you. My desire increases and increases. A "love" like that... Seemed like it would someday crush Haru. If Haru... Statred to hate me... And went away... And was gone..."

"But Haru... DID... Want me. There WAS someone... Who wanted me... Even though I have been told... That I was unwanted. I'm happy... What... A happy thing. I ... Was happy. Thank you. I'm happy. But... That's enough. That's enough for me. Haru... This time... YOU have to be happy, Haru. I'll RELEASE you... From me. From Akito. From EVERYTHING that binds you. I want to release you... Haru, your... True happiness... See it's in... A bigger world. I'll look for it. I'll FIND it. Because it's okay... For it to end with nothing... Left in my hands."

"What... Am I doing? Fainting... Falling apart... Without even finding the way to break the curse. At this rate... The end will NEVER come."

"That's... Not it. I hate for kind people to suffer. To see them get hurt."

"IT'S TOO MUCH. Such a person... I feel SORRY for her. Kind people are clung to. They're sought out... And taken advantage of. By people like ME. That's why I won't get them involved. I can do it on my own. I will keep running on my own. I don't have to be understood. I don't care if people hate me. If I'm alone."

"A bond... May look like a beautiful thing from the outside... But if those involved see it as a burden, it's nothing but a SHACKLE. That's why... It's a CURSE."

"Why... Do you want to break the curse? The thing you can't give up... What is it? The thing that's most important to you... WHAT IS IT?"

"I can't explain it to anyone... But on the other side of that door... I'm afraid that she's starting to fall apart. If that happens... No one can bring her back. I just hope that she can find the right person for her. Like Haru is there for me. Someone who will gently open that door. People can't help but be drawn... To someone like her. People who know... How scary it is to be alone... Can't help loving others."