Killua Zoldyck

"People only find me interesting because they can't tell whether I'm serious or not."

"If I ignore a friend I have the ability to help, wouldn't I be betraying him?"

"Who wants to have their life planned out for them."

"Not killing people is really hard. Clean living is tough."

"Nanika, will you forgive me for being a bad big brother?"

"When I say it doesn't hurt me, that means I can bear it."

"Assassination — It's the family trade. We all take it up. My folks see me as an exceptional prospect. But I don't see that I should have to live up to their expectations."

"Friends are supposed to help friends."

"Gon, you are light. Sometimes you shine so brightly, I must look away. But even so, is it still okay for me to stay by your side?"

"I want to become friends with Gon... I'm sick of killing people... I want to become friends with Gon, and to live a normal life..."

"Because we're friends... You don't need to thank friends."

"Sorry, but what's about to happen is just me blowing off some steam."

"I've had to play life-or-death games of "shadow" since I was three. I would feel their heart skip a beat!! I would never be dumb enough to miss it!!"

"Electricity won't work on me. But that only means I can tolerate it. It still hurts. And sure it doesn't make me happy."

"If that's how you feel, I'll kill him for you. It's no big deal, you know!"

"I'm so tired of killing, I just want to be a kid. Hanging out, doing stuff with Gon. That's it."

"Move, and you die. Use Nen, or utter one word, and you die. Now close you eyes... You see what happens when you break promises? Open your eyes again and look at me in the mirror. Listen. Don't you ever show your scummy face to us ever again. This is a promise you will keep."

"Gon, let's get in front. Yeah, and it'll get us away from Hisoka. He's killed, and wants to kill again. The fog will make a great cover. You're wondering how I know. Fact is, I'm like him. I can smell it in him."

"We were complacent. Too confident of our powers. Both of us combined were worth less than a one-armed Kite. That was his assessment... That's the reality. If Kite was by himself, this wouldn't have happened. We were fools."

"Gon's suffering right now! Someone who meant a lot to him was ruthlessly altered! Even his mind was changed. As we speak, Gon's facing against the person responsible! If you up without warning, looking like that, he won't be able to hold it together. So you have to promise to call him by his name first! That's my one condition! Let him know you're okay. He was so worried about you, up to the minute we came in here. Give him some peace of mind. Please. Put his mind at ease. Only you, Palm, can do that right now. Nobody else can reach him. Not me. I can't help him anymore!"

"Gon, I'm the one. I'm the one. I'm glad to have you as a friend."

"In the end you took care of it all by yourself. I know the deal... Kite saved your life. It wasn't my fight. But... still... I wish you'd said, 'Let's get him together.' Was that as a team? For the mission? Or... as friends? I know... I'm just sulking. It's the same every time!! You keep running ahead and I clean up your mess!! Same as ever... And I'll do it again!! But I won't let you off the hook this time. You'd better make it up to me, Gon. That's why I've got to make you better. I swear!!! I'll make you apologize!!!!"

"The one who's cursed is the one making wishes!!"

"You're cool for having all these goals. I don't have a plan... I don't know what to do with my life. There's a list of things I don't want to do. Like taking over the family business."

"It's foolish to show your hand when the odds are against you. That's my dad's logic... I'm not an assassin anymore...!! I'm a Hunter!!"

"I... must... protect him. Because he's my friend. He's the best friend I've ever had. I don't ever... want to lose him! Gon... He's my... friend! My best friend!"

"The next time stuff like this happens I won't thank you for it. So if I save your life some time in the future don't thank me either. It goes without saying for friends to save each other. So it's lame to say thanks each time for something that goes without saying."

"Risking your life and throwing away your life seem alike, but are two totally different things. People who live at the brink of death never think of throwing their lives away."