Yuuri Katsuki

'He never fails to surprise me. Ever since I first saw his skating, it's been a never ending chain of surprises.'

'I was a fool for thinking I could finally meet my idol on the same playing field...'

"But I got bored of feeling depressed, so I got to thinking... I wanted to get my love for skating back. I thought I could remember how it was when I copied Viktor with you."

"I want to eat katsudon with you, Viktor."

"No! I want you to stay who you are, Viktor! I've always looked up to you. I ignored you because I didn't want you to see my shortcomings. I'll make it all up to you through my skating!"

'When I open up, he meets me where I am. I shouldn't be afraid to open up more!'

'I don't know how long Viktor will stick around or how long my body will hold up. So please God...give me Viktor's time, even if only just for now.'

"Viktor is the first person I've ever wanted to hold on to. I don't really have a name for that emotion, but I have decided to call it love."

'I want to be hated as the man who took Viktor from the world!'

'They can laugh at me all they want. They can say that it's not like me. But everyone really wants to know the new me, don't they?'

'I'm the only one who can satisfy Viktor. I'm the only one in the world who knows Viktor's love. I'll prove that now.'

"Why would you say something like that, like you're trying to test me?"

"I'm used to being blamed for my own failures! But this time, I'm anxious because my mistakes would reflect on you, too! I've been wondering if you secretly want to quit!"

"Just have more faith than I do that I'll win! You don't have to say anything. Just stay by me!"

'I'm better than any other woman out there.'

'Damn, he's so hot! It's enough to make even me, a man, pregnant!'

'We've barely ever spoken because I always put him on such a high pedestal, and now he's right here... I get it now. My heart's pounding because of how happy I am.'

'By the time I was twelve, Viktor, four years my senior, was already number one in the world. I've imitated him for years, trying to catch up to him. How could seeing the video of me skating his routine inspire him? How did I inspire you, Viktor?'

'I see... Of course. That Yuri has more potential than I do. He's pretty confident, saying he'll win the Grand Prix Final on his first run as a senior. Above all, he's comfortable in front of Viktor. Compared to me, he's much more...'

"I want you to teach me how to move in feminine ways. Trying to be the playboy isn't me. I want to be the most beautiful woman in town, who seduces the playboy! I won't drastically change any moves, but I think this is a lot closer to how I feel."

"I don't want her to think I was feeling unsettled. I felt like she was intruding on my feelings or something and I hated it. But then I realized that Minako-sensei, Nishigori, Yuko-chan, and my family never treated me like a weakling. They all had faith that I'd keep growing as a person, and they never stepped over the line."

'Until now I thought I was fighting all by myself. But now that Viktors here, that's totally changed. Now everything feels so new. I may never be able to regain what I've lost, but I can clearly see what's in front of me now.'

"At first, I was just desperate because I didn't want to lose, but somehow, I started having a lot of fun in the middle. I don't remember a lot about it. Yeah... Anyway, that was the most fun I've ever had while skating in competition."

"I've been helped by many people in my competitive skating career thus far, but I've never thought about "love" until now. Though I was blessed with support, I couldn't take full advantage of it. I always felt like I was fighting alone. But since Viktor showed up to be my coach. I've seen something totally different. My "love" is not something clear-cut like romantic love, but the abstract feeling of my relationships with Viktor, family, and hometown... I was finally able to realize that something like love exists all around me."

'I want to become stronger... I can become stronger. I can surpass Viktor's wildest imagination!'

'Maybe no one in Russia, or even the entire world, wants me to win. Thinking that runs chills up my spine. I'm the only one who can change that world!

'How did he know how I felt? Until Viktor came into my life , I could never openly say that I'd win gold, but I never skated with the thought in my mind that I'd lose anyway. Truthfully, I wanted to win gold at last years Grand Prix Final, too. I was able to come this far because Viktor believed in me.'

'I'm the only one who can skate this program with this much appeal. I'm the only one who loves this program Viktor and I made, the most in the whole world! I'm not finished yet. I'll be done when I get the gold with Viktor.'

"Please be my coach until I retire!"

"Thank you for everything up to now. I... I couldn't think of something better. But, um... I'll try my best from tomorrow on, so... Tell me something for good luck."

'Phichit-kun... You were a perfect entertainer until the very end.'

'It's like seeing myself from last year. No, this is different. JJ just can't stay stuck in one place. No one has the right to mock the challenge he's taken on. I have no regrets for taking on my own challenge to become one of the final six.'

'The final event Viktor and I will face together is about to begin.'

"You've done more than enough for me, Viktor. Thanks to you, I was able to give everything I had to my last season. Thank you for everything, Viktor. Thank you for being my coach."

'Their battles will continue for years after this Grand Prix Final. No tale is more compeling than one that never ends.'

"I want to smile for my last time on the ice."

'For more than half of my life, I've been trying to catch up to Viktor. Thank you for bringing me all the way here, Viktor. And it's not just Viktor I have to thank.'

'I don't want it to end here, Viktor. I want to be in figure skating with you forever. But your staying on as my coach means slowly killing you as a competitive skater. Look at the Viktor who lives on inside me. Your becoming my coach wasn't a waste of time. I'm the only one in the whole world who can prove that.'

'I don't want to go to the kiss and cry. Because going back there means it's over.'

There's a place you just can't reach unless you have a dream too large to bear alone. We call everything on the ice "love."