Natsume Takeshi

"I may not have anywhere to go... but I can't just selfishly disappear either."

"No one could understand the fear of walking alone in this unstable world."

"There were a lot of people who were kind to begin with. No, they were probably good people but, I don't want to see the disappointment in their eyes anymore. I don't really want to meet kind of people anymore."

"They come without asking, and then they leave just the same. But once you meet them, even if nobody ever knows it, that encounter will change your life for the better."

"To leave the first tracks, we must go somewhere nobody's been yet."

"Why are you looking for something when you can't even remember what it is?"

"Snowdrop. I also don't know what I'm looking for. What does the future hold? Will I be able to not forget what I have found?"

"I called his name again and again. And I learned that each time, nothing called back. I learned that no matter how much you want something, how many times you scream to it, sometimes it's out of reach. I decided to stop calling out for someone who would never call back."

"Until just recently, the stars were something I only saw by myself."

"This frustrating happiness... Days so warm it almost makes you dizzy. By this time next year... It may be time for me to stop looking away and know for real. Since I've decided to protect the Book of Friends... Since I decided to accept what I hear and see."

"I don't have much power and I'm trying to get stronger. But I'm not afraid of sharing my heart..."

"It's strange isn't it. The two groups, which looked like they hated each other, are now shining the same color as they vanish into the distant sky."

"There are still times when our different ways of thinking make me hesitate but I feel like there are ways we can balance each other because we're different."

"When I look at their kind smiles and thought that I was supposed to be there smiling too... I couldn't stop crying. It hurt so much that I wanted to forget."

"They're part of who I am. No matter how much they hurt, they're important to me."

"Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it."

"They are those who come and go as they please. Even so, once you come to know them, even though there's no one else who notices them, it's a precious encounter that will keep your heart strong."

"There were sad days, and painful ones and there may be more. Even so they're treasured days that I'll never forget."

"Even if it's small, take a step forward."

"Sad memories are a part of what makes me who I am."

"I learned that no matter how much you want something, no matter how much you scream for it, sometimes it's out of your reach."

"I've been through so many meetings and partings. They were like a heavy secret, but when I started to talk about them, they seemed to sparkle... I couldn't put them into words."

"As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. I wanted to be able to do something, just like others had done for me."

"No matter where I go, they always end up hating me. Both people and by them..."

"Will it ever go back to that town? If it does, I hope it tells the youkai and people I met, that I'm happy here."

"The more someone cares for me, the more scared I get. Scared that someday, something terrible will happen."

"I can't stand being alone. Being alone is lonely.Being alone is painful."

"I'm not as strong with fairwell as you may think, sensei."

"If there is somebody that you wish to meet, then you are not alone anymore." 

"If I were to give up the book of friends I wonder if ayakashi would chase me less? Perhaps I wouldn't have to fear exorcists and I could live my days in peace. If I were to give up the book of friends what would happen to the ayakashi still bound to it?"

"What I see when I return a name is always the same; my grandmother's smile. No matter how many I return. The Reiko-san I see is always alone."

"... I want to learn about ayakashi from Natori-san, but whenever I think that, the sense that the holder of the book of friends, should not get close to an exorcist, gets stronger. The more important the book of friends becomes to me, the heavier it feels..."

"Having the book of friends is like holding the lives of the ayakashi, whose names are inside, in your hands. Like they've said before, it's something that humans shouldn't know about. I felt like if I told Natori-san, an exorcist, about it simply because I thought he was kind... It would be like betraying those ayakashi. And I don't really know why... But I feel like because Natori-san is kind, I shouldn't tell him."

"It's as precious... As it is a burden. The book of friends."

"There are wishes... That can't be granted. Even when hope is found, it might not ne enough. The heart will always be shaken."

'Ahh, Taki. I'm fine. Listen carefully. Although it's quiet, you can still hear the rabbits and that ayakashi. They're saying thank you and goodbye. They really want you to hear it. In the end, I was the only one who was able to hear...'

"... The truth is, I think I'm just on the verge of remembering. But I'm afraid... To remember. It feels like a lot of painful things will come back... Tanuma, Taki, are you my friends?"

"... That cat ayakashi, and you Tanuma and Taki, too. You're probably ayakashi who're teasing me because if I believe you, I know, I'll be very disappointed for sure... But I'd be nice if it were true. If it's true, then I want to get back to normal. As soon as possible. If I get turned back, do you think I could remember how we had fun together...?"

"It's because I'm not normal! Isn't it obvious!? It's obvious no one would want to bring someone they don't understand!"

"I can't explain it very well but it seems like lately it doesn't matter, human or spirit. If your hearts touch it's the same thing. When your all alone you get lonely and the first step is always lonley."