Jellal Fernandez

"Erza... Freedom is not a thing that exists in this world."

"That's your precious "freedom"! Go on and live while carrying the lives of your nakama upon your back, Erza!"

"Life and death are the very basis of all things; they intensify every emotion. Or, to put it in a rather different way, there is nothing quite so dull as "life"."

"This is my sin for giving in to my own weaknesses. My heart just couldn't keep up with the gigantic gap between dreams and reality."

"You are even more irrational than the rumors say. Did you enjoy striking one of your own nakama who couldn't even move?"

"Erza... I can feel kindness from that name... I can feel kindness, cheerfulness and warmth... I'm sure you'll continue to hate me, but I can't help that. It's only natural. But hatred will steal the freedom from your heart. It will eat away at you from within. I can't go that far. I can't go before you! You will be free from Jellal. I will take your hatred and sadness... with me... You are... free!"

"It's your words that gave me courage. It became my light that would guide me towards the right path again."

"Such beautiful scarlet hair....Why don't we call you 'Erza Scarlet'? It's the color of your hair, that way, I won't forget it!"

"Your freedom is still but a lie. And so it will stay, as long as you remain taken by darkness!"

"No...I won't flee any longer. I've come here to...defeat Zeref once and for all."

"Tears are how our hearts speaks when your lips cannot describe how much we've been hurt."

"The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did."

"What's wrong... With this twisted world."

"It was the color of your hair."

"The light of the seven stars shall be your judge!"

"I bet you will keep hating me, it can't be helped. I deserve it, but hatred will steel your hearts freedom."

"It's okay. I have no intention of resisting. I never was able to remember you. I am truly sorry, Wendy..."

"I see. I don't know how much suffering I must have caused all of you. But to hear that I saved someone makes me glad."

"Erza. Thank you for everything."

"I remember. I remember the feeling of myself having no memories. It's a really strange feeling."

"I'd be happy if you did, but there's still the case with Simon. I wouldn't mind if you kept your distance from me. If you wish to take revenge for Simon, I'm prepared to throw my life away."

"Why am I doing all of this? I can't work my way through that maze of thought... Maybe I'm better off dead.

"Punishment" is the code of Crime Sorciere, isn't it? We decided together, remember? We can't fall in love with anyone that walks in the light. If Erza is happy, that's good enough for me.