Ayame Sohma

"You didn't cheat on me while we were apart, did you... Gure-san?"

"But it's not surprising that Yuki didn't say anything... As you've seen, we didn't get along. It maybe more accurate to say were "not close." we're ten years apart... And soon after Yuki was born, he was isolated because of his illness. It was so bad, I only remembered in passing that I even HAD a brother."

"I thought he'd been depressed recently... So I came to see you... Or rather, to check on Yuki. But I found him so CHEERFUL. To be honest, I was disappointed. I thought I might get a chance to be more of a big brother to him."

"Strangely enough, when you get older... The things you didn't understand when you were a child... Start to make sense. "When this happened I should have done THAT." "When THAT happened I should have said THIS."...those types of things. You sart to UNDERSTAND rather than REGRET."

"Please continue... To honor Yuki with your friendship."

"Tohru-kun... Resembles you a little. She spends all her energy helping other people. I'm really... Bad... At that sort of thing. I really can't compete with you... Tori-san...

"But you aren't in touch with them, are you? And you aren't that fond of them to begin with, are you?"

"I wish... That I could say... That I was better than that. But I too... Would have sold you... In exchange for satisfying my own indulgence. And there were MANY indulgences. I hurt many people... TRAMPLED them... ABANDONED them. I was so foolish. I'm not sad. I'm downright PATHETIC."

"I don't know what our parents will say. But what's most important really is YOUR FEELINGS. It's all right. You are not a TOOL. If someone like me... Can have someone who is there for me... Then surely a good kid like you... Isn't as alone... As you think you are."

"It's such a waste. It's such a waste our parents... Go on living without realizing... That Yuki really is a good kid."

"You... You're not alone... Anymore."

"Rather than regret, it may be closer tp repentance. So it may be that I do want to repent and erase the ignorant self from my childhood. Maybe that's what thay mean when they say adults are selfish."

"I was cruel... Insensitive to your pain. The first and only time you came to me for help, you reached out to me with those trembling hands. And I just brushed you off. It's not as if I've forgotten."

"Maybe I wanted to know if I could create something tangible with my own hands. If there could be 'something' that wouldn't exist without me."

"I'm sure... I have qualities you don't, and you have qualities I don't. We were born that way. I think that the weakness... And the kindness... That you have... Are very... PRECIOUS." *to yuki*

"How? How is it that he always says what I want him to say?" *about hatori*