Dazai Osamu

"Guts have nothing to do with being able to associate with someone or not."

"A good book is always good, no matter how many times you've already read it."

"Man fears death and yet, at the same time, man is drawn to death. Death is endlessly consumed by men in cities and in literature. It is a singular event in one's life that none may reverse. That is what I desire."

"You should forget your debts. No one remembers what you owe to them."

"Justice is a weapon. It can be used to cause harm, but it cannot protect or save others."

"Some use their powers to achieve great success, while others fall into ruin as a result of being unable to control their powers."

"If you place yourself somewhere close to raw emotions, where your exposed to violence and death, instinct and desire, you can brush against man's true nature. I thought that way I could find a reason to lie somehow."

"A former killer isn't qaualified to become a good person. Do you trully believe that?"

"I've heard that if you're too neurotic, you'll get lots of wrinkles and your aging becomes accelerated."

"I didn't think you'd be interseted in conflict, since you don't kill people."

"Stop pitying yourself. Pity yourself, and life becones and endless nightmare."

"I like suicide, but I don't like suffering or pain!"

"Evil expects evil from others."

"Have a pure, cheerful, and energetic suicide."

"There hasn't been a single prisoner who hasn't spilled everything under my interrogation."

"Disputes that become worse because of me... How wonderful."

"You're an idiot, Odasaku, you're a big idiot! To accompany this sort of guy into death, you're an idiot!"

"... Could it be that you're afraid, Mori-san? That one day, I could slit your throat and take over as the boss? Like what you did to your predecessor?"

"Anything I would never want to lose will be lost. It is a given that everything that is worth wanting will be lost the moment I obtain it. There's nothing worth pursuing at the cost of prolonging a life of suffering."

"Kunikida-kun is a workhorse before going to sleep reviewing and revising his notes. I doubt I could stand doing that for two minutes. Maybe he's got some soldier ants working for him in his brain."

"Good job, Atsushi-kun. You have acting like a worthless human being down to an art form."

"Chuuya. I had no idea you were a good person!"

I called them, sure. I told them I was on death's door. But everyone was all like, "congratulations."

"The only thing I like about you, maybe, is your taste in shoes. Just kidding, of course."

"Who knew you were so good at imitating other people, Kunikida-kun?!"

"Chuuya, there's something I want you to hear before I die. Boo!"