19

A/N: HELLO, HOW ARE YOU ALL? ENJOY THIS CHAPTER AND DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE! xxx

Selena

My entire weekend has been shit, I'm just being honest. I was in front of my television for 48 hours straight, eating junk that will probably kill me. As you can tell, I'm copping up with a break up, perfectly.

I usually always spend my weekends with Daniel, we're practically inseparable on the weekends. This was my first weekend in years that I was alone. I know what you're thinking, why am I even sad? I broke up with him because I wasn't in love with him. Do I regret it all? Ofcourse not. I know that I made the right choice letting him but it's hard letting him go fully.

Daniel has been in my life for so long, we've shared so many amazing moments together. He was my first love, my first ever serious boyfriend and I might still not be in love with him but I love him dearly. He's always there for me and functioning without him is hard. And just because I'm not in love with him doesn't mean I'm going to jump into another relationship immediately. That's not how all of this works.

I sigh getting out of bed thinking about how I will survive this day at work? Anyways. I get dressed into a purple dress that fell below my knees. I put my hair in a bun and obviously I put on high heels. I don't go anywhere without high heels.

After stepping out of the elevator, I get to my office to start my work. I open my laptop and the picture on my background is a picture of Daniel and I. This was taken two years ago when we were spending Thanksgiving in Texas with my family. A tear rolls down to my cheek and I quickly wipe it away. I had changed my phone wallpaper, guess I forgot about my laptop.

At that very moment I see Harry walk into his office through the transparent windows. I take that as my cue to get his coffee from the first floor. I step into the elevator, I was alone until it stopped at the sixth floor. I was surprised to see Nina standing there, she steps inside and hugs me. "Hey, I had a meeting and it just ended. I was coming to see you!"

I give her a weak smile,"How are you?" I ask.

"Oh I'm good. I was hoping to stop by at yours on the weekend or call you at my place but Josh's parent's were here so we spent time with them. How about you? Spent time with Daniel over the weekend?"

I let out a bitter chuckle, and show her my right hand,"No. I was alone"

Nina's face turns into a worried expression,"Oh sweetie, what happened?"

Tears formed in my eyes,"Oh you know, I told him that I'm not in love with him and broke his heart. Now it's over"

Nina walks over to hug me as the elevator opens. We step outside and Nina hugs me,"It's going to be alright. You did the right thing. You couldn't have held onto him for longer if you didn't feel the same way about him"

Thinking about Daniel makes me so upset, tears were now streaming down my face as I mumble,"I sure hope I did the right thing"

Nina places her hands on my shoulder,"You want me to stay? Do anything for you?"

I shake my head and give her a weak smile,"No. I have to get Harry's coffee now. I don't want you to worry about me"

"Sel. You're anything but fine" Nina says, it was obvious she was worried about me.

I flash a weak smile her way,"I'm fine. Don't worry please."

"Okay, whatever you say. Call me as soon as you get off work?" Nina says.

"Sure, I'll talk to you later" I say with that Nina walks back into the elevator to leave the building. She waves at me as the elevator doors close.

I head to the coffee room and get Harry's coffee and walk back to the elevator. Tessa actually commented on my blood-shot red eyes and asked if I was high. I told her that I just didn't get enough sleep last night.

I knock on Harry's door and walk inside once I hear a "Come in".

Harry looks up at me and smiles,"Hello Selena. I was starting to think you didn't come today"

I politely smile at him,"I'm sorry. I ran into Nina downstairs and we caught up a little. Your coffee" I say placing it on his desk.

"Selena are you okay? Your eyes are bloody red" Harry's voice laced with concern. Why? I don't know.

"I'm alright. Just lacking some sleep" I say nervously.

Harry glances at my hand and I bet he's noticed,"You're not wearing your engagement ring"

"That's because I'm not engaged anymore" I say barely audible.

"That explains alot" he says under his breath,"I'm sorry Selena. Would you like to take the day off?"

"No, I'm fine" I say.

"You don't look fine" Harry says.

I grunt in annoyance,"Why does everyone keep saying that? I'm perfectly fine!"

Harry gets up from his seat and walks over to me,"Selena, everyone has to deal with heartbreak. It's perfectly normal."

"What if you're the heartbreaker?" I mumble.

Harry furrows his brows,"What?" He asks.

"Nothing, nevermind. I'm getting back to work!"

"The offer still stands you know. If you want you can take the day off." He says.

"Can I ask you something Harry?"

"Sure."

"If some other employee was in my place right now, would you give them the day off as well? Please be honest." I plead.

"No I wouldn't but you're-"

I interrupt him,"I'm what? Your friend or something. I'd really appreciate if you would not treat me differently. I don't need special treatment! Now if you need anything I'll be in my office!" I say and walk out of his office.

At around 6 I wrap up everything and walk to the elevator at that very moment Harry walks out of his office and into the elevator with me. He flashes me small smile and stands in front of me.

"I'm sorry," I say,"For snapping at you earlier. I had no right and you're my boss I should treat you with respect. I'm really sorry"

Harry turns around and stands next to me,"It's alright. I've been through heartbreak. I know what it's like"

I smile at him,"But really. I'd like to know why'd you treat me differently?"

"Well because I've grown quite fond of you and after six years I've made a new friend"

"Oh I'm a friend? I feel so special!" I say while laughing as Harry does the same.

Friends aye?