28

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE CAUSE I LOVE YOU GUYS! ALSO AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FIND THESE CANDID'S SO HOT? LIKE WOW. HII. I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER AND IF YOU DO, DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE! xxx

Selena

I quickly grab my cellphone and my car keys and head out the door. Today was a Saturday and I had lunch plans with Nina and Josh. They invited me to their place. I was already running late as I overslept but it's fine, she's my best friend she'll understand. I mean after all she knows me better then I know myself.

After a few minutes my phone started ringing interrupting the song that was playing. I look at my car screen to see it was my mom calling. I press answer and speak,"Hey Mom"

"Hi sweetie. How are you?"

"I'm good mom. How are you and Brian and Gracie?"

"They're all good. We all miss you"

I smile,"I miss you guys too."

"So, I had a long conversation with Nina the other day. You know catching up and all" My mom says.

I furrow my brows in confusion,"That's nice"

"I don't want you to think of me as a nosey mother but I worry about you Selena and you don't tell me everything so I obviously went to Nina"

A grunt escapes my lips,"Oh God. What did she tell you?"

"Something that you never bothered telling me! That you have a boyfriend!"

Nina really doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut does she,"Mom I don't have a boyfriend."

"Not according to Nina and she told me it's your boss!"

"Mom It's-" I start when I was interrupted by my mother.

"At first I was slightly alarmed that you would be interested in your boss especially after all the things you said about him but then I hit the google. He's very attractive Selena and he doesn't even look like he's ten years older then you. I want you to be happy more then anything else and he seems like a nice man. I approve!"

I chuckle at how ridiculous my mom was sounding,"Mom. So far there's nothing. Nina just likes to exaggerate everything. Right now I'm very much single and if I ever do have a boyfriend I'll let you know. I promise!"

"Well okay sweetie. I worry about you sometimes you know? You're so far away and I barely know what's happening in your life. I know that I have a little girl who I have to look after but I'm your mom and no matter how old you get you'll always be my little girl too and I'll always have to look out for you too sweetie."

I smile,"I know mom. I know. Don't worry about me too much okay? I'm fine."

"I know sweetie. I know."

"So Mom I have lunch with Nina and Josh and I just reached their place so I'll talk to you later?"

"Okay sweetie. Bye. I love you be safe!"

"I love you too mom. I will. Take care. Byee!" I say and hang up.

I lock my car and walk to Nina and Josh's front porch. I knock on the door twice when it finally opens and there stood a smiling Nina.

"Hey Sel!" She says and embracing me in a hug. We move inside and she closes the door.

"Hey sorry I'm late, I overslept."

"I figured." Nina smiles.

"Also, I just had a talk with my mom about my boyfriend!" I look at Nina with a raised brow.

"I'm in trouble aren't I?" Nina asks biting her lip.

"Yes you very much are. Why did you tell my mom about Harry when I don't even know what we are yet?"

"I'm sorry it's just that she kept asking so many questions and it just slipped. What did she say?"

"Well she approves of Harry. But I told her that nothing is going on!"

"She approved?" Nina's eyes slightly widen.

"I know right? I was shocked too." I say.

At that very moment Josh walks out of the kitchen he looks at me and smiles,"Hey Sel!" He says as he pulls me in for a hug.

"Hey Josh!" I smile.

We walk into the backyard where the food is already set on the table. We all take a seat and the aroma of the delicious food fills my nose.

"This looks terrific. Wow." I say.

"Well let's dig in then!" Nina says.

After lunch Nina and I were sitting in the kitchen enjoying a glass of wine while Josh was in the living room watching some recorded football match.

"Hopefully the clients will agree. I'm kind of worried though." Nina says telling me about these new clients she has to take care of.

"Don't worry. They won't give you much trouble!" I smile.

Nina grabs her glass and takes a sip of her wine,"Fingers crossed."

My phone beeps indicating I have a message I pick it up and see:

Harry: Hello. I'm bored and want to talk to you. Can I call?

I quickly start typing to tell him that I'm at Nina's and I can't talk right now. Within a few seconds he replied.

Harry: Sigh. Have fun though. Call me as soon as you're free. Take care (:

I smile at his text and put my phone aside. I look up to see Nina smirking at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Oh nothing. It's just that I think we should talk about you now."

"What about me?"

"About you and a specific curly haired man." Nina's smirk again.

"Nina."

"Come on. I'm your best friend. You have to tell me what on earth is going on between you two?"

"I told you, nothing."

"Right okay." She says sarcastically.

"There's nothing much to tell Nina. I sorta like him, he sorta likes me and there's been a few kisses here and there and long conversations everyday and that's basically it." I say.

"I know all that. You've told me all that. I need you to tell me what will happen? Are you going to stay like this forever?"

I let out a sigh,"I don't know Nina. He's a complicated man. I don't know what he wants."

"What is it that you want?"

"Honestly, I don't know. Having a relationship wouldn't be so bad I guess." I say shrugging my shoulders.

"Then?"

"Nina, I told you. It's complicated."

Nina places her hand on top of mine,"I want you to be happy Sel. I really do."

I smile at her,"I am happy" or at least I think that I am happy?

"Do what you think is right." Nina says.

"Yeah. I know. I will. Don't worry." I say and smile at her once again.