79

A/N: hey guys! this isn't really the best chapter and I apologize if you hate it alot. but if you like it, don't forget to comment and vote! xxxx

Selena

Have you ever heard that ridiculous saying that delusional people share on their facebook, no offence, the one that goes something like the reason you can't fall asleep is because you're awake in someone else's dream. That quote. I can't believe people actually believe that. But then again sometimes, when I'm wide awake in the middle of the night, what if that's true, and if so who could possibly be dreaming about me? Is it the love of my life or a complete stranger? Is it my mom or my enemy. We can't control our dreams is what people often say, then why is it that most of our dreams revolve around the people we care about the most or the least?

It was 3:30 am. I was staring at the ceiling with Harry sound asleep beside me. For some reason, I just couldn't sleep. As I couldn't fall asleep I decided to go out for a little walk. I put on some sweats and a lose tank top and quietly head out not wanting to wake up Harry.

I know what you're thinking, going alone at this time of the night isn't exactly safe. I've done it before. I live in a pretty safe neighborhood so I'm not very worried. Walking around is the best way for me to clear my mind and to just think about everything that is bothering me.

As I walk further down the block, I spot Harry's car on the side of the road. Suddenly, all of yesterday's memories flood through my mind making me as confused as ever. So much happened yesterday and I don't know what and how to feel.

.....

About an hour later I head back to my apartment to see Harry awake and pacing around in my bedroom. As soon as he makes eye contact with me he starts to walks my way.

"Hey where have you been?" Harry asks calmly.

"I couldn't sleep so I just went out for a run. How long have you been up?" I ask.

"About an hour. You weren't answering your phone. I was worried." Harry says taking a seat on the couch.

I take a seat beside him,"I'm sorry, I think I left my phone here."

"It's alright." Harry weakly smiles at me.

Both of us awkwardly just stare at the tv in front of us. What were only a few minutes felt like hours of awkward silence.

"So. What does this mean for us?" I ask Harry above a whisper, turning my head to look at him.

Harry turns his head to look at me dead in the eye,"Selena." He pauses. "I'm sorry but this shouldn't have happened." He says above a whisper and avoids eye contact with me.

"W-What?" I ask, my voice slightly cracking.

"I'm sorry Selena. But this was a mistake. This shouldn't change anything between us." Harry looks at my briefly before turning to looks the the TV once again.

"As in what? We're still on a so called break after all of this?" I ask raising my voice.

"No Selena. It means that we're not going to work out and we should forget everything." Harry quickly says and gets up from his seat and walks into my bedroom.

I rush behind him,"W-What?"

Harry turns around once again to look at me,"This was a mistake Selena. We got lost in the moment. It doesn't mean anything. You know that right? We can't be together."

"Why can't we be together Harry? Why are you pushing me away? Harry, I love you. Don't you feel the same about me anymore? We were so happy. What happened to us? What happened to you?" I raise my voice at him, my eyes were now full of tears.

"Selena......" Harry looks at me apologetically.

"What Harry? What? I need answers! You can't just keep doing this to me. Why are you pushing me away? Huh? Why are you?" I once again start yelling at Harry.

"Selena, we're not meant to be. What we had was special and I'll cherish that forever but whatever we had is over." Harry whispers and looks at me for only a second.

"You pushed me away once. Please don't do it again. Harry, can't you understand that I can't survive without you? Harry. Why do you keep pushing me away?" I ask Harry.

"Some things are better left unsaid Selena." Harry mutters under his breath.

To say I was hurt would be an understatement. Tears were now streaming down my face and I was making no effort to wipe them or stop them from rolling down. Harry was now changing back into his clothes without making eye contact with me. How is all of this do easy for him? Was he ever even in love with me? How is he not breaking like I am.

"Did you ever even love me? Or was it all a lie? Did I just fall for you and you didn't fall for me?" I ask.

Harry looks at me,"Nothing was a lie Selena. I can't use words to describe how much I care for you. None of it was ever a lie."

"Where did we even do wrong?" I ask barely above a whisper. Harry stops for a second, meaning that he heard what I said but he doesn't bother turning around to give me an answer.

"Can you look me in the eyes and tell me that you don't love me anymore?" I ask Harry once he was done changing. Harry turns around and looks at me intensely.

"Selena. You're amazing. Any guy would be lucky to have you. You need to move on. I'm not the one for you. I never would be able to live up to the standards you deserve." Harry weakly smiles at me.

"What if I don't want someone else? What if I don't want the perfect guy? What if I just want you? What if you're the perfect guy for me?" I ask.

"I'm afraid that can't happen."

"Why not? Harry, why? What went wrong? Why are you doing this to me?" I raise my voice a little this time.

"I'm doing what's best. Trust me." Harry mummers.

"Even if what's best is the thing that will kill me and rip me apart?" I ask.

"Selena you need to let me go. I'm sorry. I hope you find the happiness you deserve in your life. I hope you find the man who treats you like a queen. Goodbye Selena." Harry says as he walks pass me and out of my apartment leaving me there in a mess, in a flood of my own tears.

Goodbye Harry. Just like that, he was gone. From my life forever. But I knew for a fact that he couldn't walk out of my heart as easily as he walked out of that door.